Part settlement offered!!!!

c24newman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I submitted my MCOL yesterday 6/11/06, and have just received a letter today from HSBC replying to prelim letter dated 04/10/06.

They have offered me part settlement £1968.00!!!

Im claiming for £2630.50 plus £120.00 court costs.

What shall I do - HSBC have got until the 27/11 to reply to MCOL.

Can I accept part payment or shall I hold tight?

Manythanks

Claire.

:p

I'm going for the lot when I actually get my statements back, its your money at the end of the day! There are some posts with example letters that basically say to write and accept this is part payment only, and that you will continue to proceed to court for the rest.

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you c24newman..the 14 days since I sent LBA were up yesterday and I am just about to file MCOL when a letter arrives today from HSBC in response to my Preliminary Approach letter sent 03/10/2006. They are offering me £1491.00 as full and final settlement when I am claiming for £1755.00 + £262.59 interest and court costs...roughly £650.00 more than what they are offering....

I'm going to go for the lot and file MCOL asap even though their offer is tempting...

As their offer was outside the time limit I am not even going to bother with a refusal of their offer letter (although their is a good template for one on the forum)..

Good luck ...

Martin

Hi Martin,

It certainly is tempting, ive printed up my letter in response, basically confirming a mcol has already been issued for full settlement of payment to date - however accepting part payment on a with out prejudice basis, and requesting they send this via cheque?

Do you think they will go for this?

Cheers

Claire

It is worth doing...did you get the rejection of offer letter from the link below or is it one you have done yourself...I'm not going to be able to file MCOL until the 15th so I'm thinking of sending a rejection letter and then filing on the 15th....

As you have already filed MCOL I do not think they will respond and you will more than likely here from their solicitors with regard to the MCOL...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes I did, I changed a few bits saying that I would accept part payment on wop basis etc - there letter came a bit late really as they sent me their offer the same day i filed the MCOL.

Would never settle part payment anyway, will just have to wait a little longer.

Good luck with your claim, not long now. Have you already set up the mcol, as you can save info then just pay on the day you file the claim.

Cheers

Claire