mis sold car service plan ?

hera1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased mazda 2 sport in march 2012 along with a 3 year service plan (bristol street motors)

I clearly remember the salesman describing everything that was included in service plan

& him telling me that it would be a good buy as my car would be due a "major service" during the 3 years

that would include a change of belts (cam/timing).

I even got him to write this down and sign it ! as i had heard about people being promised all sorts & then that not being the case!

I still have the piece of paper he wrote this on - says * belts* included ..

after problems with each service e.g car came back to me with a multi meter tester under the bonnet !

customer service desk wouldnt provide me with formal written service check list ,,,

car called in at wrong times for services ,,,

was told that my last service had happened in 2014 (service plan states last service due march 2015 ...

I was given a "free" (erm no not free just what was due to me under plan terms ,,) service today

,, I mention squeek /noise from under bonnet ,,they said they would check

.. girl on desk told me that mechanic couldnt be sure but he thought it may be coming from timing/aux belt area ,

, I told her that surely this was under the service plan ,,, (remember i have written promise ! ) she said no .. not under plan

sorry long winded explanation but to my mind surely I have been mis sold the service plan ... it doesnt cover what the sales man promised ??

Id be grateful for any accurate advise on this ..

Welcome hera1.

Is this a service plan laid out in black and white on paper or just a verbal plan with some bits written on paper ?

(If on paper, does it have terms and conditions ?)

Did you pay for this service plan or was it given with the car ?

I have the main points written on a piece of paper by salesman in showroom & signed that lists "belts" as part of service - so verbal (with witness) & on paper.

I have a full printed service plan sent afterwards that in the small print says fan belts not part of service (didnt check at the time till this issue arose : (

Hence why i class it as mis selling ...salesman lied about what was covered to convince me to purchase plan , which i pay for £12.99 monthly