Vanquis - making a payment by partner's card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I really can't believe this crook of a company. In the past I have tried a balance transfer from another card to pay off my debt that I owe to vanquis and it was rejected as vanquis do not accept balance transfers.

Yesterday I made a payment with my partner's card to basically pay off majority of the debt, as the interest rate as we all know is incredibly high. After a few days the payment was authorised from my partners bank and is now showing on the statement, however Vanquis has blocked my card and the account online.

I rang vanquis and they said I need to send a photocopy of the front and the back of the card, which my partner does not want to do, end of the day his bank have not had a problem, so does not really see why vanquis should. Furthermore it's his card and has nothing to do with vanquis.

I have informed vanquis that I am will not be sending the photocopy and they can leave the account blocked. Vanquis advised that I will not be able to make debit card payments anymore, so I will need to pay by bank transfer, which is fine, but just a pain as I am not able to view my statements online as everything is paperless.

I have never come across a bank like this, it's like they want to keep you tied to a debt to generate the huge interest every month.

Has anyone come across this or can share any experience? I also want to close the account after the debt is paid off as I am quite fed up of them, will I be able to do this if the account is blocked?

Thanks

http://www.vanquis.co.uk/complaints

Ha ha ha, check out their little box with complaints made, then check the complaints closed!

If they can't even get their figures right, then there's no hope for their customers!!

Have you lodged a formal complaint with them? If not do so, then you can escalate it to sooner, also lodge one with the FCA.

Stay OFF the phone, deal with these in writing ONLY!

Unless they send you a statement showing exactly how much you owe, then pay NOTHING!

You cannot pay if you don't know the amount owed.

More fool them for blocking your online account, now they have to revert to snail mail.

It will not surprise me if they use your partners card again to take payment, so you'll need to ensure with the bank, that these lot haven't got a CPA on it, if they have then that's another complaint, but either way inform your partners bank that NO other payments should be made to this outfit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply. Huge number of complaints!!!

I am afraid that if I don't make the payment then they will trash my credit file. When I spoke to vanquis they said I should ring up every month to find out the payment!!! I have never know a company like this.

Complete rubbish!

Have you begun their complaints procedure yet?

If you have a complaint about a service provided by Vanquis, please write to Customer Action Team, Freepost RSBJ-HULA-XLGG, PO Box 399, Chatham, ME4 4WQ

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/contact-us

Have you checked your credit file to see what's on there?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply. Huge number of complaints!!!

I am afraid that if I don't make the payment then they will trash my credit file. When I spoke to vanquis they said I should ring up every month to find out the payment!!! I have never know a company like this.

No, this is not accurate - if they have prevented you from seeing your statements online, then they are obliged to send you a paper statement. Send a complaint to their head office and point this out to them. If they do not send you statements each month or return your access to the online account, then you will need to escalate this to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D