style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You may wish to check decisions in more recent cases that follow the precedent set by this case. I have made you aware of it, what you now do is down to you.

Thank you I will look. But that precedent relies on the Land Registration Act 1925 which was repealed by the Land Registration Act 2002.

I wish you well in whatever you do

Thank you.

I refer the Honourable Member to the reply I made earlier.

Which reply isn't really any help to CAG'gers.

So, it was to scare them?

I bet they are quaking in their boots.

"He can't say which crime, nothing to worry about here, lads"

Or: imagine the scene: CAG'ger walks into a police station:

"Good Afternoon, Constable, I'd like to report a crime"

"Sorry to hear that Sir, I'll take details, do you know who the perpetrator is?"

"Yes, it is "

"And what is the offence they have committed?"

"Well, I can't really say. I read it on CAG, see, that failing to perfect a mortgage is a crime. I don't know what statute is is supposed to be against, but they posted twice to say it was, so it must be!"

If you are alleging a fraud, who has been defrauded?

If not fraud : what is the offence?

I want to start a new thread can someone either getiut started for me or tell me how to start a new thread? There isn't a blue box anywhere to make the atert!

I want to start a discussion about what I believe are unlawful charges on my mortgage e.g. solicitors fees added the the mortgage.

Thanks in advance

george

I want to start a new thread can someone either getiut started for me or tell me how to start a new thread? There isn't a blue box anywhere to make the atert!

I want to start a discussion about what I believe are unlawful charges on my mortgage e.g. solicitors fees added the the mortgage.

Thanks in advance

george

If you want to post about a specific mortgage company, George, there's a blue button at the top of this forum. top left. Here's a link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=80

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My understanding of my situation (I don't know about that of any other borrower) is that there is no mortgage.

If I were to say only one thing, that would be: do your own research. Acenden have told borrowers that they (the borrowers) gave SPML an irrevocable power of attorney. That probably is not true. It is not true in my case. Look at the documents you SIGNED.

Yesterday I received a one-and-a-half-page letter from SPML's lawyers in which almost every sentence is misrepresentation, very easily seen off by reference to my bank statements, documents in the public domain, current legislation. But the letter is clearly meant to intimidate me into blindly and mistakenly accepting their version of things which is the wrong version.

Do your own research, people. Even the lawyers are going to "throw dust" in your eyes, being untruthful without compunction. You, the borrower, are Acenden's customer (on behalf of the lender, whoever it is), to whom they have a duty of care. But at the moment, they and their lawyers, seem to be treating borrowers as the "enemy".

hi, if you have some sort of valid claim, why not write about it here and provide full details?

you say you do not want to provide full details because the other side will read it here, - but, so what if they read? if as you suggest you have stumbled upon groundbreaking technicality with your mortgage then sharing your thoughts with others is more effective than simply saying - 'go do your own research'

How can you say that your mortgage company has forfeited the remaining payments because they have screwed up??? Many mortgage customers have had their mortgage screwed up from misselling in the Buy To Let market (probably the next PPI reclaim bubble) to other mistakes. Though, just because they have screwed up or made mistakes does not mean they have forfeited the right to have their money repaid.

Title deeds are now dematerialised.

It may help you if you were to google this word "subrogation" - If a bank sold your mortgage to another bank, then the new bank which has paid the older bank receives the same rights as the older bank - for better example just google the word.

As I've said, if you post your thoughts and concerns instead of saying go and do your own research, then you are more likely to receive further help.

Good luck with that one Cosmos! It's been gone over time and time again, and put to court, but the end result is that you are not going to get something for nothing when it's a fixed asset.

I've done my own research, kept my house, fought the courts and SPML before they became wider knowledge, and after.

Their conduct seems to be overlooked by the 'regulators' and needs massive improvement and recourse for those affected,

If you're getting letters and facing legal action then you need to focus on your own personal situation first and stop grasping at straws. Once that is stable, and you still have a roof over your head, then you are in a far better position to pick faults.

At the moment you are just digging a hole with no idea how deep it will go or where it will lead.

• 6 months later...

At least one English county court is issuing suspended possession orders (SPOs, in respect of mortgaged premises) published on faked court forms. Any court order that is published on a faked form is no more enforceable that if it were printed on the back of a bus ticket. But, I suppose, most people served with an SPO - if they did not have a genuine copy of the relevant form to compare it with - would not at once notice that the court form was faked.

I have made a formal complaint to HM Courts & Tribunals Service and requested that this practice cease immediately but I would also like to try to work out how widespread this abuse is and how long it has been going on.

If you have a suspended possession order (re your mortgage) that is still in force, would you like to post a scanned copy (with your details blanked out) to this thread?

As to WHY this is happening, I can only guess at the moment. The reason may not be the same in every instance.

Thanks.

What is making the forms fake ?

Everything except the heading. Below that, what is there and what is not there (but should be there).

If all that is wrong with an order is that it doesn't have a Court seal or a signature, that doesn't make it fake. I am talking about counterfeit court forms.

Surely if the form was "faked" then there would be no hearing when one turned up at the court ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Faked as in, by the mortgage company?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Faked as in, by the mortgage company?

It seems to me that they are the only party who would benefit from doing this. Their solicitors are "Centre users" of the Claims Production Centre. It would not surprise me if the solicitors gave the mortgage company their log-in details. And it would be very easy for a wealthy and powerful company to arrange for the genuine N31 template to be over-written by something else. The question that interests me now is: how many firms are generating suspended possession orders (and other orders and notices) on counterfeit court forms.

but it doesn't really matter....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have reported several companies for sending out fake court documents and not one has been investigated. If you can prove that you have been treated unfairly by a court as a result of a fake document then you will stand a chance of getting a new hearing, nothing more. there isnt the financial interest to bother with this small time crookedness

I have reported several companies for sending out fake court documents and not one has been investigated.

You are thinking of the debt collection companies and/or the legal departments of banks etc. I am referring to fake court documents produced by HM Courts & Tribunals Service. A completely different kettle of fish.

If you can prove that you have been treated unfairly by a court as a result of a fake document then you will stand a chance of getting a new hearing, nothing more. there isnt the financial interest to bother with this small time crookedness

I can and I have. This is not small time crookedness - it is an attempt to undermine the whole panoply of the administration of justice and siphon £ billions out of the UK economy and evade tax. And I am not interested in "financial interest": I have a strong social conscience.

• 1 month later...

Back in June 2015, I filed and served some payment proposals to pay off the whole of the outstanding balance of the mortgage. Acenden and co did not respond in any way (breach of MCOB) but my letter was included in the Claimant's evidence bundle for a hearing at the end of October 2015. The judge began the hearing by admitting that she hadn't read the bundle, and as the hearing went on it became painfully obvious that she had no idea that I had made these payment proposals.

When the court order was sealed and issued, it was on a fake court form and said nothing about my payment proposals. So Acenden do not have an enforceable court Order. I made the payment that I had offered, anyway, in the normal way, to Eurosail: the whole of the outstanding balance of the mortgage.

Acenden's quarterly mortgage statement arrived yesterday (I had to ask for it), and I was astonished to see that they have used half of my redemption payment (which should have been used entirely to reduce the outstanding balance to zero) to pay their own - disputed - charges and costs. Despite the fact that they have no valid court Order to allow them to do so. They have also resumed charging interest on the fabricated "outstanding balance".

These people should be run out of town.

:evil:

Indeed. As the FCA Handbook makes clear, lenders have to allocate borrowers' payments to (1) the balance of the mortgage, and only then to (2) interest and (3) charges. Acenden should have treated my lump sum payment exactly as if it were a payment towards a shortfall or an over-payment. It is not their money to pay themselves with first.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/MCOB/12/4.html

MCOB 12.4.1BR26/04/2014

A few excerpts from Land Law (2011), by Gray and Gray, OUP.

the equity of redemption remains as the inviolable and irreducible entitlement of the mortgagor. The equity of redemption clearly also ranks within the category of 'possessions' protected by ECHR Protocol No. 1, Art. 1 (see Horsham Properties Group Ltd v Clark (2008))"

"... Under a post-1925 legal mortgage the mortgagor retains his full legal title in the land (subject to the mortgage charge)"

It is a cardinal principle of the law of mortgage that the mortgagor has a legal right to redeem the mortgage on the redemption date fixed by the mortgage deed. Once that date has passed, the mortgagor enjoys an equitable right to redeem at any time ...

The right to redeem in an inseparable incident of the transaction of mortgage and the 'one matter that the mortgagor can insist upon is that, on redemption by payment, he gets back his security' (Cheah v Equiticorp Finance Group Ltd (1992) per Lord Browne-Wilkinson). The starting point here is that the sum total of the mortgagee's entitlement comprises, quite simply, the return of the loan principal together with interest and costs, and that any attempt to extract from the mortgagor some superadded obligation is inherently dubious.

... the mortgagor must always be able, by the mere act of full repayment, to free himself from the totality of the burden imposed by the mortgage.

... upon cesser of the mortgage term by redemption, the mortgagor's estate in the land must be unencumbered