style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an "Attendance Notice" yesterday and finally got through to the bailiff this morning.

He declined my offer of 4 monthly payments as my previous arrangement had been broken and required full payment or he would have to seize goods/cars.

I explained that I suffered from angina and had several recent attacks and I was self employed but he said that was no excuse as he had never complained when he was suffering with cancer.

I have to call him again later and don't know what to do, I do not have the money to pay him.

Any ideas anyone, or should I just accept the inevitable?

106 views and no comments. Is that because there is nothing I can do as I broke the previous arrangement?

Edited by michelle456

There are loads of views most likely due to the fact people are looking for the same advice for similar problems.

People on here who provide the help are volunteers and have day jobs and will look at the forum when able but be sure of one thing any advice you get will be good advice.

Just hang on in there, people will respond as soon as they possible can.

more details required as to the history of this.

It relates to 2013/14 council tax and we originally agreed to pay monthly for 4 months with their office but we were unable to make the payments.

Michelle,

As the poster Daverules has stated above we are all volunteers on here and will answer queries in between our day jobs etc. In order to provide excellent advice we will however need to have further details on the background etc to this query. As an example:

How much is the Liability Order passed to Rundles Ltd?

Was a payment proposal set up on receipt of the Notice of Enforcement or did you receive a personal visit from the bailiff?

When was the payment agreement set up?

You state above that Rundles accepted a proposal to pay the debt by way of 4 monthly payments. How many payments have you so far managed to pay?

You mentioned above that you have a car. How much roughly is it worth?

If the car on finance?

Can you outline a little bit about your personal circumstances (married, single etc /benefits etc)

Have you previously made Rundles aware of your angina?

It keeps hopping between stable and unstable - felt totally unstable today!!! Regular checks at St Georges in London in their cardio unit rather than the GP.

Anyway, my husband spoke to a friend who had experience of this, and she said don't call, text him. Probably, a more level headed conversation where I could list my points.

It worked, he agreed by text (so no confusion) and I got more time to pay than I anticipated.

Thank you, to you all. You have been a great help to a very stressed FM.

I would suggest you still follow the "vulnerable" route with regard to your illness. If you attend Cardio rather than GP then your condition must be deemed more serious than the person who just gets the odd twinge now & then. If you could get a letter or similar explaining your condition and how continuing action could exacerbate things then there could be a chance the debt could be returned to the Council. It doesn't mean the debt is wiped out but it could mean that the £235 fee could be waived.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. What I meant to ask before, if a bailiff gains entry or clamps a car, but goods/car will obviously not clear the debt/costs, can they keep attempting to enforce the debt or is it finished?

• 1 month later...

I have paid around 45% of this so far and had promised payments would be made yesterday (which I couldn't make) and the balance next week, but I had to pay two and a half months mortgage to avoid action and this has obviously put a strain on my finances.

The bailiff has accepted one broken promise after another - any ideas on the best way to approach them for more time to pay or is this unrealistic at this stage?

• dx100uk changed the title to Help in dealing with Rundles bailiff and CTAX LO