Permitted work - ESA.3 x Questions please advise

asdanemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I start with a company on 1st June, i have tried to renegotiate hours and have managed to get it down so i am earning exactly 104 pounds a week for 15 hours. I sat with my doctor last week and talked through it and am signed off not fit for work until 1st June.

My questions are.........

When i go back to doctor for new fit note what do i ask him to put on it with regards to part time work. Obviously im still ill but we both agree that these 15 hours should really help with my recovery.

Secondly, i still haven't received my PW1 form, shall i request another, fill it in, photocopy it and send registered delivery

Thirdly, do i inform housing benefit that i am doing permitted work. I am still entitled to the same amount each week

Thanks

I start with a company on 1st June, i have tried to renegotiate hours and have managed to get it down so i am earning exactly 104 pounds a week for 15 hours. I sat with my doctor last week and talked through it and am signed off not fit for work until 1st June.

My questions are.........

When i go back to doctor for new fit note what do i ask him to put on it with regards to part time work. Obviously im still ill but we both agree that these 15 hours should really help with my recovery. Any information your Dr can put on the form is a great idea, this will allow your new employer know that you may have difficulties with some work and they should make allowances for you on this point..

Secondly, i still haven't received my PW1 form, shall i request another, fill it in, photocopy it and send registered delivery Yes if you still have not had it ask for another..

Thirdly, do i inform housing benefit that i am doing permitted work. I am still entitled to the same amount each week

Thanks. You are required by law to notify any benefit agency that the money you have coming in has changed. It MAY change your amount of benefit entitlement and if you do notify them you will not commit fraud. Not only that you will know what amount of money you will need to pay towards the cost of your rent...

• Confused 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

If you are still in receipt of benefits you will need to send them there. it may pay you to give copy to your employer as well. If you have the time to pop in to your local JC I would, and ask them to email the certificate to the relevant department, always ask for a copy of receipt by the JC for the form. This is so you can show at a later date that you did indeed send in the form, as sometimes forms get lost in the system, this way you can prove you sent it to them

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It's probably best to inform HB that you are working but make sure they know and understand that it is ESA Permitted Work that you are doing and that your entitlement to ESA therefore remains unchanged. As long as you remain entitled to ESA(IR) your HB should not change.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's probably best that your doc specifically write something like 'I authorise participation in the permitted work scheme for a trial period and no more than X hours'. If your doc writes fit for work of X hours it could cause some issues with esa entitlement. I take it you haven't had your assessment yet and been assigned to wrag or support group?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop