• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Am I being told the truth?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

This is my first post and hopefully it is not a stupid question. It involves the often asked question about double yellow lines without a T-bar at the end.

I am currently appealing a ticket given to me when parked outside my driveway where there are double yellow lines on the road. My appeal is based on mitigating circumstances/Health reasons why I was unable to have my blue badge on view and has noting to do with missing T-bars. However i have noticed that the double yellow lines end outside my neighbours house(with no T-bar) and change to a single white line for two houses before changing back to double yellow lines(again no T-bar) for the rest of the road.

I asked the council (by Phone) if the lines are enforceable without the missing T-bar and was told that this excuse has not been allowed for over 8 years. The new law is that the yellow lines actually continue underneath the single white line so a T-bar is not needed because there is no break in the lines. He also told me if I had used that as an appeal it would be an automatic fail if he was given the case to look at.

I was not convinced so I emailed the same question and quoted what i was told earlier. The reply said "As advised during your telephone conversation with this office today, a T-bar is not a requirement in terms of making a yellow line enforceable providing the restriction is identifiable to the motorist"

I can believe that the T-bar loophole has been closed but I just wondered if it is actually the new law that yellow lines can now run invisibly underneath a single white line. I have not been able to find any mention of this anywhere on the Internet. I have asked them for a link where I can view the new rules but they have not supplied this information.

Thanks

There is no ‘new law’ about double yellows but there was a judicial review (the Herron case) which decided that lines were acceptable as long as ‘substantially compliant’. ie even if there are small gaps in the DYL's, or the lines are faded, or have missing t-bars, as long as it is still obvious that there are restrictions, then those restrictions are enforceable.

Thanks for the reply Michael. My appeal is not based on missing T-bars as I knew the lines were there and what they mean. I just found it strange that the Council claim it is now a new rule that lines can run invisibly under other lines.

I am hoping that I get an understanding Council officer who will take into account my reasons for not showing my Blue Badge. If not I will learn from my mistake and take it on the chin.

Thanks again

Yellow lines do not run under white lines. If you're on the white line, that's a different restriction, and it would be as well to check the Traffic Order (which stipulates what the restriction should be, legally) to make sure the road markings are correct. However, it is true that a lack of T-bars is not going to win an appeal.

Do you need any advice regarding your ongoing appeal, or are you happy just to wait and see? If it is rejected, you don't have to give up at that stage, and posting some info here might lead to a stronger angle for further appeal.

Hi Jamberson

My appeal has been submitted via email. It is based on the fact that I did not have time to unlock the gates to my driveway and then park off the pavement. I also did not have time to even get my Blue Badge onto the dashboard because I had to get into my house and to the toilet quickly. My walking is also very bad and takes me much longer than a normal person. The ticket was put on just before I was able to get back to the car. The lady was still taking pictures and despite showing her the Blue Badge she said nothing. I have mentioned in my appeal that all of this is available on my CCTV camera so I can prove that the blue badge was in the car and not being used by anyone else at the same time and I have also asked if the lady made any notes about being shown the blue badge after the ticket was issued. The CCTV also shows clearly myself making my way from the car to the front door in some distress. Had I been guilty of this many times before I would just accept the penalty but as it is the first time ever I have been unable to have my blue badge on the dashboard I hope they will class this as mitigating circumstances/Health reasons and show some common sense and cancel the ticket.

Thanks

Did you send them footage from the CCTV? Also they will need a photocopy of both sides of your blue badge, to prove it is valid and belongs to you. If you haven't sent that, I'd advise that you do so ASAP and mark it "additional evidence for appeal on PCN number xxxxxx".

I have not sent the CCTV footage but I have told them that I have it available.

I did send a copy of both sides of my Blue Badge with my appeal.

It is Rochdale Council and i got an automated reply saying the have received my email. I have checked with them and have been told it may take a while to get a reply as they have a huge backlog of appeals but as long as I have that email from them the ticket will have been placed on hold until I have an answer on my appeal.

Thanks

Fair enough. They are pretty unlikely to write back and ask if you will send the footage so they can make a decision. If you think it will help your appeal, give it to them now. You still stand a fair chance without the footage, but there's no point in withholding it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update... As i have never had a ticket before and because it has been 3 weeks since i sent in my appeal I have asked how long they think it will take. At the moment they have so many appeals to look at that they think it will take 14 weeks from the day the appeal was sent in. So it will be a while before I hear from them

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

I have finally had my reply...

I have received your recent Challenge to the above Penalty Charge Notice and after careful consideration of the circumstances have found no grounds for the cancellation of the charge.

The Penalty Charge Notice was issued correctly. The vehicle was parked on the footpath behind a double yellow line restriction. This means that the road is subject to parking/waiting restrictions which are enforceable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A yellow line restriction is enforceable from the centre of the road to the highway boundary or property line and therefore incorporates the area where the vehicle was parked in this instance.

Each challenge is considered on an individual basis and I have noted the copy of a Disabled Blue Badge supplied with your challenge which you state you neglected to display in the vehicle at the time of the contravention as a result of an urgent need to use the lavatory, an effect of medication you were taking at that time. However, this does not provide exemption from this parking restriction or grounds on which to cancel the Penalty Charge Notice. When a Badge is not clearly displayed for inspection in a vehicle and only submitted for consideration retrospective to a Notice being issued, it can not be verified that the Badge was in the vehicle at the time of the contravention and there is therefore no authorisation to use the concessions offered by the Disabled parking scheme.

I have also noted your comments that you held dialogue with the issuing Civil Enforcement Officer upon your return to the vehicle subsequent to the Penalty Charge Notice having been served. However, whilst there is no record of the driver of the vehicle having been seen, it is the responsibility of the motorist to ensure that a valid Disabled Blue Badge is clearly displayed for inspection in the vehicle immediately upon parking when using the concessions offered by the Disabled parking scheme. Please refer to The Blue Badge Scheme booklet which explains the duties of the Badge holder and also how to use the Badge.

Any CCTV covering the vicinity of the contravention is in place to assist in the prevention and investigation of crime and is therefore not used by the Council in the undertaking of Civil Parking Enforcement or to support Penalty Charge Notice appeals. It remains the responsibility of the motorist to ensure that they park their vehicle in compliance with any parking restrictions or conditions in operation.

For your future reference, please note that a footpath is in place for the use of pedestrians as opposed to a parking facility for vehicles and parking a vehicle in obstruction of a footpath is a matter upon which the Police may take action.

Shall i just accept this and pay or is this a standard reply that is sent to everyone in which case i will think about going to the next stage

Thanks

Each challenge is considered on an individual basis and I have noted the copy of a Disabled Blue Badge supplied with your challenge which you state you neglected to display in the vehicle at the time of the contravention as a result of an urgent need to use the lavatory, an effect of medication you were taking at that time. However, this does not provide exemption from this parking restriction or grounds on which to cancel the Penalty Charge Notice. When a Badge is not clearly displayed for inspection in a vehicle and only submitted for consideration retrospective to a Notice being issued, it can not be verified that the Badge was in the vehicle at the time of the contravention and there is therefore no authorisation to use the concessions offered by the Disabled parking scheme.

This is not correct. It's true that it doesn't provide exemption from the restriction, but it's not true that it isn't grounds to cancel. The council has total discretion, and it may well provide grounds - it's up to them. They are also bound by equalities legislation, and ought to consider mitigating circumstances when assessing PCNs issued to Blue Badge holders. In short, they are being intransigent. Same goes for the video footage - they can view it and take it into account if they want to - they just appear unwilling.

Whether to take it further is your shout. I think you stand a chance, but there's no certainty on the outcome, and you would be dealing with a higher charge at the end of the day. Maybe complain to your local councilor or MP, as there is a discrimination angle on this, but also weigh up whether you want to fight on.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about paying and moving on. But I like the idea of complaining to my local councilor about this. She has been to my house a couple of times in the last 8 months because of the by-election and then the general election and she seemed eager to help with any issues i had. So I may still pay but bring to her attention the problem and ask her to look into this because I agree that there is a discrimination angle on this.