style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is a "Subject access request" please?

I am in a prolonged claim with AXA regarding a leakage of water in our kitchen that resulted in having to completely rebuild it.

AXA did no inspections of base-units yet claim they were not damaged.

We have evidence.

I would like AXA to pay for all the replacement cost but they will not.

Also, AXA dug up the kitchen floor to aid its drying out.

AXA claims that its contractor did not do the work despite my evidence that it was its contractor.

Will a "Subject access request" get the information out of the company that I need to progress the claim.

We shall end up in Court otherwise in order to complete the claim of £6608.

Where will I find the Form or what words shall I use to complete the "Subject access request" if it is worthwhile?

The SAR 'should' provide everything they have regarding your account with them, you can specify exactly what information you want them to provide in order to obtain the specific information you're after.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387310-Targeted-Subject-Access-Request-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

:thumb: ensure you either get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, or you can send it recorded delivery if you wish, they have forty days in which to respond with your SAR (calender days).

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Please do not forget to enclose the statutory fee of £10.00 either by cheque or postal order :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Axa will send personal information they hold relating to you, but only if they hold it.

If a loss adjuster has been used, they may own the info and just be dealing with Axa on a reporting basis, or even on a claims handling basis, you may have to go to them.

Try to pin point someone (complaints department) who can guide you in the right direction.

In regard to digging up the floor, is the policy an AXA only policy, or have you bought this through a broker who may have sold the home emergency cover through a seperate underwriter?

Thank you, but we had assumed that we would need to go to other contractors used by AXA to cover all avenues of our enquiry.

We know exactly to whom we should address the enquiry.

The policy was bought from AXA. It has completed the works but denies who dug up the floor and that the base-units were damaged despite its not having inspected.

Have you gone down the ombudsman complaints route?

The financial ombudsman look at complaints on a fairness basis (generally much more consumer friendly) and are free for the consumer. If they rule against you, you can make a court claim.

If you go straight to the courts, and they find against you, you can't then go to the ombudsman, and you'll need to pay the fee (approx £410) upfront.

Thank you!

We did try the Ombudsman and he supported AXA despite saying that he had not adjudicated on the base-units or floor!

He totally misunderstood our briefing and commented upon matters that were not relevant such as my wife's health, which we had not raised.

He ignored modus ponens.