Quickquid & ARC [Written Off - CRA Updated]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is more for story purposes and to offer advice to those who need it.

Back in 2012 I suffered a tremendous amount of ID Theft. One of the companies in question was Quickquid who lent to the guy who committed the fraud.

Well its been outstanding ever since and fell into the hands of ARC Europe last year.

Well my story begins when I received the letter from ARC telling me they were now collecting on this debt. I immediately contacted them and very quickly , There frontline staff tried to shoot me down. However, Im a bit more stronger willed than to let that happen.

They eventually put me through to the Complaints Team who apologised for the behaviour of their staff member, who had updated my contact number on the account without my consent. He removed it straight away and then asked why I am disputing the account. I explained everything to them about the ID Fraud and they said they would go away and investigate and put the account on hold. This went on for nearly 6 months, after which i put my foot down and said unless they sorted this soon, I would ignore them

They eventually sent me a statement of the account, the Consumer Credit Agreement and the details that were used including the bank account info. They then demanded that this was paid upfront and immediately. But on top of everything else When i pushed back saying its not my account. They referred it to QQ ID Theft. They emailed the email address that was used and received no response so closed the case after 4 weeks.

ARC said they had received no response about the fraud claim so they said that the balance was now due. Well i once again pushed back saying the information is useless to claim payment from due to the age of the account etc.

Eventaully after a stalemate they said contact QQ direct and deal with them and let us know what happens. So i Did.

Earlier this year I emailed [email protected] and was ignored for almost 2 months and ARC came acalling asking what was going on .Well, they then said, as they dont seem to beable to get the answers they need, they will be returning the account to QQ and I was to deal with them directly.

Well, I did and finally managed to get hold of the team who had been dealing with it. Id explained everything that had gone on, all the information I had gathered and also the CRN from Actionfraud. They advised me 2 hours later that due to the age of the account and also due to the info i had supplied as well as the police reference, they would be closing the case and remove the entry from Experian.

They advised me that the account was a rolling credit facility and not a PDL which I had no clue they did. But the morale here is , dont be bullied by a DCA, dont just put up and shut up. Be persistent. FYI I have listed emails below for all the important people at QQ and ARC.

Hopefully this will be some help to someone, I would also like to request the thread is made sticky for the information I will provide :)

Information;

ARC Contacts;

[email protected] - Compliance Exec

[email protected] - CEO

Quickquid

[email protected]

[email protected] - CEO

The above would be helpful to anyone who may also have a complaint that they wish to further up the chain :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis