Is it possible and better for disabled UK residents who are unable to work to move to another country?

dasis16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now that it look's clear that a conservative government is going to be running the UK, I am very concerned for my future. I cannot work and have been unable to for four years now, and housebound for much longer than that. What I would like to know is am I likely to be treated more fairly and be more welcome in an other EU country. Or any other country for that matter!

I understand this is not the usual topic, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows about this. I don't have enough ties here to stop me moving, and I imagine everyone in my situation is just going to suffer here.

Just for clarity can you explain what you mean by

"What I would like to know is am I likely to be treated more fairly"

Im assuming by the place this topic is pasted you mean benefit wise?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well yes. I'd like to know if I would be able claim benefits in any other countries? I know I can move to another EU country, but would I get any support there? Are they any countries that would take me and provide the support I need. I really don't want to live in a Conservative run country.

Thank you for the clarity

Would be interesting to see, however I suspect there may be hurdles to overcome

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

There are a lot of possibly a lot of stupid people out there going by the results of the G.E ,Who voted for another 5 yrs of cuts,sanctions and probably slave labour, and who will continue to dismantle the benefits safety-net and a free at the point of use NHS

If i had the money or knew someone in another EU member state, i would consider emigrating away from this broken country,

But i would be surprised if the people who didn't vote for Cameron just roll over and accept another 5yrs of pain that isn't needed , still Mc Vey now needs a job as she lost her seat :violin::lol:

If only life was that simple Tommy, no I am afraid to say that things are only going to get a hell of a lot worse under these psychopaths, as Dave says we are all in this together!

If only life was that simple Tommy, no I am afraid to say that things are only going to get a hell of a lot worse under these psychopaths, as Dave says we are all in this together!

Yes and hopefully more people will wake up and rebel against them using civil unrest if need be to make their point,( taken to their, the politicians doorsteps, where possible) I feel it will happen if they continue on the same path with austerity, and their persecution of the poor and sick , it's disgusting that they have gotten away with it for the past 5 yrs

The people have to start to fight, and question these everything they do, Don't believe the propaganda of the media, Or the tory scaremongering on terrorism ect so they can take away our human rights and privacy rights with their draconian security nonsense

Now that it look's clear that a conservative government is going to be running the UK, I am very concerned for my future. I cannot work and have been unable to for four years now, and housebound for much longer than that. What I would like to know is am I likely to be treated more fairly and be more welcome in an other EU country. Or any other country for that matter!

I understand this is not the usual topic, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows about this. I don't have enough ties here to stop me moving, and I imagine everyone in my situation is just going to suffer here.

I think probably not - else why would so many people be heading to the UK

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think probably not - else why would so many people be heading to the UK

They're not coming here for our generous welfare benefits - I believe we're pretty close to the EU average in that respect. I suspect it's a combination of a (relatively) relaxed immigration and citizenship policy, our existing ethnic diversity and tolerance, a perception of economic opportunity and, to a lesser extent, the fact that we speak English.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

There are a lot of possibly a lot of stupid people out there going by the results of the G.E ,Who voted for another 5 yrs of cuts,sanctions and probably slave labour, and who will continue to dismantle the benefits safety-net and a free at the point of use NHS

If i had the money or knew someone in another EU member state, i would consider emigrating away from this broken country,

But i would be surprised if the people who didn't vote for Cameron just roll over and accept another 5yrs of pain that isn't needed , still Mc Vey now needs a job as she lost her seat :violin::lol:

Actually, you lost. get over it..OR... why not start your own political party that supports your view? If its that simple you are bound to win aren't you?

Should everyone who's preferred party loses an election simply shut up?

I think Tommy's employing a bit of hyperbole here, but I don't think he's wrong to be concerned.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think Tommy's employing a bit of hyperbole here, but I don't think he's wrong to be concerned.

I believe the 2nd Tory term will ultimately divide the union and create an unstable market within the wider [EU] community, first past the post has never been a true reflection of the majority in the UK but until now it has never been more apparent. I guess it remains to be seen if the party faithful will follow the whip or believe it has been granted autonomy in swinging to the right.

In answer to the question, if you believe in x,y or z then the only sensible answer would be to stay engaged and hope your opinion counts in 5 years time.

I believe the 2nd Tory term will ultimately divide the union and create an unstable market within the wider [EU] community, first past the post has never been a true reflection of the majority in the UK but until now it has never been more apparent. I guess it remains to be seen if the party faithful will follow the whip or believe it has been granted autonomy in swinging to the right.

In answer to the question, if you believe in x,y or z then the only sensible answer would be to stay engaged and hope your opinion counts in 5 years time.

I think the next five years will be 'eventful' to say the least - and the cons small majority could be their undoing.

I think they will implode over the EU issue - then the questions arises what next!!

I am sad they got back in - but from a welfare point of view would any of the others have given us a better deal!

I read that the markets were about to go into meltdown if Labour had been elected and interest rates zoom again - which effects inflation, food prices the lot.

Whoever won I am not sure we would have fared any better - we are not high on anyone's list.

I think Tommy's employing a bit of hyperbole here,

I really hope so, but if the tories are able do these things make no mistake about it they will

The fact is, that if you want to undo the damage the media have done you have to start campaigning for the next election NOW

The problem is, Maggies "Greed is Good" has permeated society to the point where people want to believe anything that says we are better off, even when we are not. This means statistics are accepted at face value.

Take GDP and "Unemployment" as indicators used by the Tories. If you understand how those are measured you can actually see we are in a bad place.

Not enough was done to combat over the last 5 years the mantra that "Labour Broke the World" They did not break the economy. The capitalistic model broke it. They were just holding the fort when the perfect storm hit!

For 5 years, EVERYTHING was labours fault was played unchallenged. Say a lie enough times it becomes believed.

PS I am NOT a labour voter :D

It does not matter what the Country has gone through over the previous 5 years or how ever long, we seem to follow a pattern when it comes to voting, we let them stay in power until we are 'sick of them' and have forgotten the mess the previous lot made.

The we kick them out - and start all over again.

In all honesty we only have 2 parties to pick from the way the voting system works - so they can in effect totally mess up, go away for a few years knowing they will eventually get re-elected.

Neither Lab or Cons are going to bring in proportional representation - so on this tread mill we are stuck.

To get back to the OP questions, I too have been wondering this myself. I have very bad health and have been waiting 6 months for a gastroenterology appointment. I was always seen every two months due to the severity of my Crohn's disease. I'm in a bad way physically and only getting worse. Can we use our NHS card in EU countries for our usual health issues? I also have many other health problems and would love to go abroad for a better medical healthcare.

Seeing as I'm totally reliant on benefits and lots of medications, including liquid food, would I be allowed to be abroad for longer periods of time and still claim and have my healthcare taken care of in another country. What if I bought a caravan in spain? Would this disqualify me from housing benefit and council tax on my rented home? Would it be considered a property abroad? I simply am struggling so badly with my health and I don't have ties here either, just as the OP has said, What's the point in staying if we could get better and fairer treatment somewhere else in the EU.

I hope someone can throw light on these matters rather than the banter of the election.

thanks

To get back to the OP questions, I too have been wondering this myself. I have very bad health and have been waiting 6 months for a gastroenterology appointment. I was always seen every two months due to the severity of my Crohn's disease. I'm in a bad way physically and only getting worse. Can we use our NHS card in EU countries for our usual health issues? I also have many other health problems and would love to go abroad for a better medical healthcare.

Seeing as I'm totally reliant on benefits and lots of medications, including liquid food, would I be allowed to be abroad for longer periods of time and still claim and have my healthcare taken care of in another country. What if I bought a caravan in spain? Would this disqualify me from housing benefit and council tax on my rented home? Would it be considered a property abroad? I simply am struggling so badly with my health and I don't have ties here either, just as the OP has said, What's the point in staying if we could get better and fairer treatment somewhere else in the EU.

I hope someone can throw light on these matters rather than the banter of the election.

thanks

https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/overview

Just a warning, if you are on an exportable benefit and want to move abroad, it can be hellish getting the benefit exported. I've dealt with a few cases - made me wanted to tear my hair out.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Just a warning, if you are on an exportable benefit and want to move abroad, it can be hellish getting the benefit exported. I've dealt with a few cases - made me wanted to tear my hair out.

It's bad enough here - abroad must be a nightmare.