Hoist/Cohen claimform - Ex Santander CC***Claim Discontinued***

daverules
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I had a credit card with Santander for some years and have kept up with the payments

but only the payments as due to being ill over the past seven years with several illnessess

I have been unable to work so defaulted on the card.

I was unable to deal with this, part burry head in sand and dealing with hospital sttuff and

now I owe nearly £5000, £4000 being the credit and £1000 being the charges.

End of january I recieved a letter from 1st Credit saying, (this was the first letter from them)

"Client: Santander Cards LTD

Debt: xxxxx

Client Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Our records show that the above amount remains outstanding.

If you do not make contact we will concider pssing your details to a local Doorstep Debt Collector.

This individual would visit your address to confirm that you are still resident and prepare a Pre-Legal report.

We appreciate that you may not want a personal visit. I will therefore delay the visit for three days drom the date of this letter to allow you time to settle your debt.

Please send your payment blah bla blah

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS MATTER.

Ok no one visited and five days later I recieved the following:

"Client: Santander Cards LTD

Debt: xxxxx

Client Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

The above amount remains outstanding. We may now take legal proceedings against you and if succesful it may result in-

Substantial Legal Costs;

-entry of your name in the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines, which may make it difficult to obtain Credit in the future.

Continued failure to make payment could result in enforcement action such as;-

-An application to your employer for an attachment of earnings;-

-Seizure of your assets by a County Court Bailiff.

PLEASE TAKE THIS FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CONTACT, TELEPHONE BLA BLA BLA

Well not working and only been able to eat and live due to others buying me food, I have no income so what should my next step be please...

many thanks for all and any advice.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really does depend on whether you want to enter the game of letter tennis or not?

As you say you have nowt, I assume you are on benefits? Then the legal amount they will EVER get from you is £1 a month end of.

If you want to start the ball rolling in letter ping pong, then you could send them the CCA request, enclose a £1 postal order with it and see what they come back with if anything, either way, you've no income, so £1 a month is ALL they will ever get from you until your circumstances improve/change.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

a week ago I recieved a letter from Fredkinsons saying thaey have been instructed to collect on behalf of Santander

relating to a credit card for the sum of £4k+ and advising me that I can pay them via debit card, credit card or cheque,

I have had not had time to deal with this as was having health issues relating to a long term illness.

Today I recieved another letter dated 02 sep 11 from them containing the following:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

THIS DEBT MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO THESE OFFICES WITHIN THE NEXT 7 DAYS OTHERWISE WE WILL TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION.

Should it be necessary to issue proceedings in the County Court (or Sheriff Court as may

be appropiate), further additional costs will be added to the balance outstanding.

This then shows the following costs that will be added...Court Fees £85.00 and Solicitor Costs £80.

Then contains the following....

If a Judgment or Decree remains unsatisfied a bailiff or sheriff officer may be instructed

to recover assets to discharge the outstanding dept. Judgment debts are registered by the Court.

Now I have read enough on this site to know not to call them

tho to be honest I have no qualms about doing so as I don't scare or cave in easily,

have had some serious health problems over the past 11 years

and demands for money is nothing compared to them.

.however, I digress.

I believe the card was taken out in 2005/2006 but cant recall what year to be presise but certainly one of those years.

Payments were being made until some time last year when they were then stopped due to lack of funds and other concerns.

I will be sending off a CCA to Freds this week and report back with any developments,

in the meantime any advice or information is greatly recieved.

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by daverules

Let us know if Bryan 'bloody' Carter starts sending his love letters, he can be put back in his box very easily.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 years later...

Hello all.

Been ill for many years and went through a bitter divorce,

had a credit card with Santander

who sold it to Hoist late last year.

The debt is aprox £5000 with £1000 being charges,

it went through many DCA's who offered discounts or to remove the charges but I did not engage them in any way

now it's in the hands of Robinson way, part of Hoist I know,

latest letter is that if I do not respond to them in 10 days they will pass it to their solicitors..

.sorry can't find the name of solicitors at moment.

I thought I had defaulted on this CC in Oct 2010

checked my report on Noddle but the entry is now missing where as before it did show up,

I signed up with Equifax to double check and it does not show on there.

Any suggestions as to what to do next please.

Regards

Dave

The solicitors will be Howard Cohen - almost certainly.

Hoist bought up a huge number of ex-Santander accounts last year and Robbers Way have been chasing them down over recent months.

The bad news is that a lot of them are ending with claims being issued, and once with Howard Cohen this seems to happen very quickly.

You are not yet at that stage however.

I am in a similar position with an ex-Santander overdraft and RW gave me the 10 day deadline a couple of months ago

but have continued to send threatograms since then.

I have little doubt it will get there eventually, but no point in communicating with them until you have to.

Firstly, you could do with finding out exactly when the account went into default.

Any statements or letters that you can find which might help?

Was the account opened pre-2007 or after that?

You may end up here sending a CCA request,

but if it was opened after 2007, then they could produce a reconstituted agreement which would satisfy a court.

Lack of an agreement for pre-2007 accounts is harder for them to get around.

As for the charges, these could probably be reclaimed, so statements would be useful,

but if not then you could SAR Santander for full details of the account

and take it from there. It would cost you a £10 fee to do this.

What about PPI on the account?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Don't CCA RW at this stage - wait until you have reason to - no point in poking them too early!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Don't CCA RW at this stage - wait until you have reason to - no point in poking them too early!

Ok will hold off on the CCA

Cheers

I can now confirm account opened on 16/05/2006

Default date 29/11/2010

Information found on early credit report I downloaded on 12/01/2013

Cheers

interesting its gone from your cra file

prior to the defaults 6th birthday.

dx

3 threads merged for history

did you ever get anything back for the CCA requests you've already sent?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Dx thank you for merging theses.

I have never received a direct response to my CCA requests in the past just letters from DCA informing me that they were no longer dealing with the matter and were returning it to their client.

Have to agree it is strange that the default has disappeared and have now taken the free trial out with Expeirin to treble check, just need to wait 5 days for the pin number.

Regards

Dave

Just for further info, DCA's that contacted me and backed off were:

Clarity

1st Credit

Fredkinsons

Westcott

Moorcroft

cca request time me thinks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then all you will ever be forced to pay is £1 a month.....if they really are that childish that is!

OK, how many CCA's have you sent in the last 4 years?

IMO, I think it wise to stop playing the game of letter tennis now.

Only just realised this thread goes back to 2011 !!

I think if they had anything whatsoever then they would have taken legal action before now.

Obviously something is wrong therefore keep poking them and they respond with more empty threat letters.

Hello

Sent several to different DCA's but have now sent this as the final one seeing as they have now purchased the debt.

Will await their response but ignore until they take any legal action if they think they can.

Thank you 😊

I strongly doubt they can, else they would've a lot earlier.

Let us know what they come back with, if anything.