Electronic Signing - you don't need to use it.

jasta11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems to me there are bigger battles to fight for a person on benefits

Why does it matter HOW you sign as long as you get your money?

Can you explain to me why it matters, except to be petty?

It's not a hill I'd choose to die on myself, but here's the thing: if you have a right to do (or not do) something then you do not need to explain yourself when exercising that right.

My worry about it would be that I know how DWP computer systems work, or rather, don't work. So while, as I said, I'd not necessarily choose to fight this particular battle, I can see why people would prefer to have a paper signature and watch the signing clerk enter the evidence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me there are bigger battles to fight for a person on benefits

Why does it matter HOW you sign as long as you get your money?

Can you explain to me why it matters, except to be petty?

I think there is enough evidence already that the systems used by the DWP are unreliable, not secure and also have nasty backdoors built into them. Just look at UJM and the many [problem] jobs available on there.

I can see why some people may not trust them with any more biometric data than needed

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Add in the fact that advisers have used dwps own failings as excuses for sanctions in the past, this is another reason to insist on paper copies of everything.

For one of the short times I was on JSA, They told me they were going paperless and had to record everything on UJM

My responce was to ask the adviser to go and see their manager and to produce the legislation that required me to go paperless. After 10 mins she returned and said that the legislation was viewable from the gove website.

My reply was I know it was and I had read it and quoted back the appropriate statement. No more was said

The adviser also saw that I had a copy of the universal Toolkit training pack with me.

Needless to say it took 2 appointments to set up my claimant commitment. The following week I signed off as I found close to full time employment :D

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

found this if it's any help to someone who wishes to sign by paper only

- "Article 3(2) of this Order amends the Jobseekers Allowance Regulations to allow the capture of

signatures electronically. It enables the Department to use alternative methods to pen and

paper to capture signatures from Claimants wherever it is required in its business. It does not,

however, make the use of electronic signatures compulsory as a condition of receiving benefit

and was never intended to do so. "

i just want to add even thou the dwp never helped me in anyway either the times i've been working or the times claiming jsa. it's not about being petty it's about not letting them dictate to you and lie about system and practices which aren't mandatory. also i once reported a4e for a fraudulent signature.......and you can guess the dwp did nothing about it .

[...] I once reported a4e for a fraudulent signature.......and you can guess the dwp did nothing about it .

I also lodged a number of complaints about A4e, including one where client confidentiality had been breached (even mentioned the names of the clients). Judging by the hostility at subsequent meetings, I can only assume butts got kicked :lol:

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I was stilll getting advisers assuming I'll sign electronically - even though there's a clear note on my claim that I don't use it. Apparently the hard-working(!) clerks 'haven't time' to read any notes on customers claims.

I sorted it - hopefully once and for all - by telling the last adviser I saw that any further mention of me using the electronic pads would result in that adviser being reported for a breach of the Data Protection act.

Got a new miserable adviser who wants me to bring in a copy of my CV for her to keep...is she in for a disappointment! As we all know, they can mandate you to create one and show them you have one but they cannot make you provide a copy for them to keep. Same goes for email and phone numbers. Got all the relevant FOI responses ready.

I'm sure she'll tell me it's mandatory and a sanction referral will follow, etc so I'm going to lead her into a lovely trap and get her on audio record saying this. Then she gets reported to her Manager and District Manager for lying and making threats, followed by 'the biggie'..reported to the ICO for attempted Data Protection act breach. Will give me the excuse to demand a new advisor, preferably one of the more decent ones who understands the guidance. :)

I'm through with showing these people any sort of tolerance.

I was stilll getting advisers assuming I'll sign electronically - even though there's a clear note on my claim that I don't use it. Apparently the hard-working(!) clerks 'haven't time' to read any notes on customers claims.

I sorted it - hopefully once and for all - by telling the last adviser I saw that any further mention of me using the electronic pads would result in that adviser being reported for a breach of the Data Protection act.

Got a new miserable adviser who wants me to bring in a copy of my CV for her to keep...is she in for a disappointment! As we all know, they can mandate you to create one and show them you have one but they cannot make you provide a copy for them to keep. Same goes for email and phone numbers. Got all the relevant FOI responses ready.

I'm sure she'll tell me it's mandatory and a sanction referral will follow, etc so I'm going to lead her into a lovely trap and get her on audio record saying this. Then she gets reported to her Manager and District Manager for lying and making threats, followed by 'the biggie'..reported to the ICO for attempted Data Protection act breach. Will give me the excuse to demand a new advisor, preferably one of the more decent ones who understands the guidance. :)

I'm through with showing these people any sort of tolerance.

Jasta, pardon my ignorance but where does the DPA come into it? Thanks.

Edit

Sorry - just re-read the ICO response... Cheers.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.