Natwest wont remove CRA information of debt under completed DRO

VonStarke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Let me first explain the story,

Couple of years ago I got myself in a bit of a pickle.

Since then I was able to start and have completed a DRO with the TIS.

I then contacted the TIS and asked for a letter showing all is done and completed.

I then waited 4 months for system to be updated and applied for a fresh credit report.

I then made a list of all my debts who hadn't updated their information and managed to find a clean up letter

and sent it recorded to all my creditors that didnt update there systems.

After a month or so i re checked everything and 8 of my creditors updated and removed everything off my report.

The problem I have is only 1 has not done as requested,

they have refused to update and remove anything and are currently still marking my report as Default

even though that account was included in the DRO.

So now i wish to tackle the issue yet again,

I have seen been told that the account and debt in question is natwest bank and CMS is dealing with it.

I have rang them up and told them all what has gone on

and they said there is nothing they can do and i have risen a complaint.

Where do i legally stand if all other creditors have removed the debt and have stopped marking me except this natwest.

I mean the account is only a Current Account £917 and was opened 23/06/2008, date of default was 30/09/2010.

My DRO finished on 7/6/2014.

I suspect that the reporting can continue until the 6th birthday of the default date.. despite your having completed the DRO.

You could raise an official complaint with the bank - send to their Head/Registered office - advise that all others creditors have finished reporting and ask why they wont.

If not a satisfactory response, you can escalate to the Information Commissioner.

Did the bank default the account AFTER you started the DRO or before ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CMS are Natwest... :Sigh:...

I would suggest sending it to eh CEOs office as they respond well within the 8 weeks timescale... Normally with 3 days.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I suspect that the reporting can continue until the 6th birthday of the default date.. despite your having completed the DRO.

You could raise an official complaint with the bank - send to their Head/Registered office - advise that all others creditors have finished reporting and ask why they wont.

If not a satisfactory response, you can escalate to the Information Commissioner.

Did the bank default the account AFTER you started the DRO or before ?

They defaulted it way before the DRO started!

This needs more top dogs to look at it. Email Ross in the email ive given you in my post. They will beable to help.

CitB means well :),. and she is technically correct, 6 years from Default date

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

the issue of Natwest continuing to report to the CRA's is not harming you

what is harming you is the defaulted date already registered.

As far as I am aware

there is no remit for any creditor to remove a defaulted debt once a DRO/IVA/or whatever completes.

the only ref being that the debts must be defaulted on or before the completion of the DRO/IVA etc

IMHO you have been very lucky with the creditors that have removed said accounts already.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the issue of Natwest continuing to report to the CRA's is not harming you

what is harming you is the defaulted date already registered.

As far as I am aware

there is no remit for any creditor to remove a defaulted debt once a DRO/IVA/or whatever completes.

the only ref being that the debts must be defaulted on or before the completion of the DRO/IVA etc

IMHO you have been very lucky with the creditors that have removed said accounts already.

dx

DX is right, they have no remit to remove the default so getting what you have at the moment is impressive.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

This needs more top dogs to look at it. Email Ross in the email ive given you in my post. They will beable to help.

CitB means well :),. and she is technically correct, 6 years from Default date

Ok thanks, What email him a copy of the OP! Or is there a letter template i need?

Fair enough, I shall just have to wait until Sept 2016 and then rebuild my report from that date!

As I have 3 things giving me good ratings and this natwest which i just presumed with the red markers are bad not helping.

Thank you all for your quick and speedy replies :)

I welcome all comments, needless to say, All my debts added up to 12k so for me to have only £917 is very good!

It has been very stressfull situation but the light is slowly becoming bigger.

I did try to upload a picture to show what I meant by the red markers but it appears I cannot do that until I have reached x10 posts :(

• 2 weeks later...

So after a couple of weeks I had a response back!

Dear ....

Thank you for e-mail on 5 May to Ross McEwan and for your continued patience while I reviewed matters.

As I explained, I am a case manager in our Executive Office and we are tasked by the Executives with investigating and responding to issues on their behalf.

I was sorry to read about the problems you have experienced and I acknowledge the frustration this has caused you.

Having completed an investigation into the concerns you raised, I can now share my findings with you.

We received a call from you on 7 October 2014 and you explained that you entered a Debt Relief Order (DRO) on 26 June 2013

and this was discharged on 26 June 2014.

As a result, a request was made to amend the information we were reporting under account ending 5210.

This was completed and currently shows as partially satisfied from 26 June 2014.

However, the account was not overdrawn and should not have been reporting.

As a result, I have requested the default for this account be removed and it will now show as fully satisfied on your credit file.

Account ending 9851 has a default date of 30 September 2010 but it is not showing as partially satisfied.

When the account was closed there was an outstanding balance of £913.

As you were in a DRO that was discharged on 26 June 2014,

I have requested that your credit file is amended to show this debt was partially satisfied from 26 June 2014.

As you may be aware, the default will remain on your credit for six years.

I do hope that by taking the action outlined above we will finally bring this matter to a close for you.

I am sorry that we have failed to grasp your original request correctly and you have needed to contact us again to ensure matters were resolved.

In view of the time you have spent dealing with this, I would like to provide you with a compensation payment of £50.

Can you please provide me with the bank account details you would like the payment made to.

Alternatively, I can send the payment by cheque but I would need confirmation of your current address.

I hope that my response will help to address the points you have raised, but if you feel any points have not been addressed,

or you have additional information that I have not considered, please let me know. If not, you may consider this to be the Bank’s final response.

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of my investigation you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

A referral should be made within six months of the date of this e-mail and more information is available using this link:

In closing, thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring your concerns to our attention.

Regards

Daniel

Daniel O’Donnell

RBS Executive Office

Executive Response Team

Tel: 0131 626 5116 | Fax: 0131 626 3092

Email: Daniel.o’donnell@rbs.co.uk

that goes along the lines of what we believe to be correct

as long as the debt is shown as having a defaulted date

equal to or prior to the end of the DRO they have done all they should

the PS will not be harming you

its the default that does that

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121212135622/http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/personal-insolvency/credit-rating#7

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...