High View Parking: legal action pending

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I parked at a Tesco car park for 5 hrs on the 18/03/15 as I ended up with a friend in A & E and the High View parking company sent me a parking fine. I ignored it and it has escalated to them wanting to send out a debt collecting agency and a threat that my ability to obtain credit in the future may be affected if they have to take the matter to their solicitors. Is there anything I can do the bill is for £110.00. Thanks

All that you can do now is continue to ignore them.

Certainly don't worry about the empty threats from Debt Recovery Plus or Zeneth collections. Highview's pet Debt Collectors can't put the kettle on without permission and most certainly can't take you to court. All the bold letters and red ink is purely designed to scare you into paying.

In 2014, Highview Parking took the grand total of nobody to court for non payment of a Mickey Mouse parking ticket. I tried 3 times to get them to take me to court and they ran away with their tail between their legs every time.

If you've not started to receive them yet, the letters from Debt Recovery Plus (DR+) follow a certain format....

1. You'll receive your first letter from DR+ adding a further £50 or so "Administration Charge".

2. You'll get a reminder from DR+ that you've not paid, this will mention the suggestion that they'll pass it back to their clients for further action.

3. You'll get a letter from DR+ offering you a reduced payment in settlement.

4. (Not everyone gets this) you may get a letter from 'Zeneth' offering you a reduced payment amount which will be different to the last DR+ amount.

5. It all goes quiet.

Oh, and finally, don't worry. It's not a fine it's just an invoice and would be like me sending you an invoice for reading this post (which you wouldn't pay either) Debt collectors can't and won't be coming to your door about this. thumbup.gif

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

They are talking utter cobblers, if you read the letter carefully it says "may" and "we recommend".

Debt collecting agencies have no powers to do anything and they know it, that is why they word their letters carefully to avoid actually saying they will do so-and-so because they cant.

As Dragonfly says, they have a set procedure and whent hey have run out of scary letters it all just stops. They realise that it hasnt worked and dont waste any more money and go after the next one.

Just for clarity

Ignroe whatever they say BUT return here if you receive a N1 Claim form WITHOUT delay

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.