• Tweets

• Thanks,    I've read the info from the link, nothing I wasn't aware of really. I wouldn't talk to a DCA anyway or anybody else over the phone for just about anything, hence the reason I refused to give them my details when they rang up. The only "conversation" I had was when they rang me and asked me to confirm my details, which I refused to do because it could have been anybody on the phone and as I said, I'd never heard of them anyway at that point. I asked them to contact me in writing, if they wished to pursue the matter, with "a copy of the Agreement" and the reply was that "there isn't one". At that point I said "we have nothing more to discuss then" and ended the call.    I'm still not happy about posting the entire details online but I'll take a look at some of the other threads to see if there's anything relative. 
    • Looks like my mistake. The new machine requires the full reg to be entered now, whereas before, only the first two numbers were required. I entered the first two numbers.
    • Reciveed a summary warrant, phoned up the council who said it was not longer anything to do with them and I'd have to speak to walker love the firm who deal with their summary warrants. I said I wouldn't have anything to do with them becasue it looks like a dodgy dca and I  I don't trust them, the debt is with the council not walker love. Anyway turns out they have no record of an arrangement to pay last years outstanding amount so whatever's gone wrong they have cancelled this years installments, even though regular payments have been made, they then took a summary warrant for last years and this years outstanding amount. I've cleared last years outstanding amount to the council and have a payment reference number, and the council say they'll make contact regarding a single person's discount  which was missed and then calculate the payments for the rest of this year. They say they sent out three letters threatening the summary warrant which were not received. Now to my question, my argument that the debt was with the council and not walker love, and as I've paid and agreed to pay what and the council say they'll contact walker love and stop the action, is this correct or will walker love still pursue? 
    • I'm trying to get my head around this. In effect, over the years you have been paying your own bill for yourself and also the bill for your neighbours usage as well – as metered. At the same time your neighbours have been paying their own water bills based on an SS charge. This means that Yorkshire water have been receiving double for your neighbours water. Now they are proposing to return to you the portion which which they now say represents the amount of water used by a neighbour. I think it would be interesting to talk to your neighbours and see if you can get copies of their bills over the years. Our Yorkshire water proposing to return to you the same amount of money that they charge your neighbours? Even if your neighbours don't have all of their bills to hand, maybe they've got one or two bills available and if it looks as if there is a discrepancy then maybe your neighbours would be kind enough to send the water company and SAR as well. I don't know if I have suggested that you read our customer services guide – but if I haven't then you should do so and implement the advice there in case you have any telephone dealings with the auto company. You haven't said whether you want to have a metered supply or to have an SS charge. Please let us know because it makes a big difference to the final solution you will be looking for. If you want to metered supply then I think you are absolutely entitled to insist on it and you are entitled to insist that Yorkshire water and if this is in your garden, they should then pay for any repairs.
    • Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologise in advance.   So, the situation I am currently in.. is that a family member opened a Littlewoods account in my name, at the address I used to live at (Family home). The account was opened in November 2018, goods were obtained and then payments were missed. I usually check my credit report and score every month, but (somewhat foolishly) I didn't bother checking for a few months as my score remained the same. I didn't notice this account on my report until several months after it was opened. I obtained statutory credit reports and went through everything. I then filed this issue with Action Fraud.   I contacted Littlewoods and explained the situation to the fraud team, re-iterating the fact that an account was opened at an address I had not lived at for almost two and a half years at the point that this account was opened, not to mention the account is under a 'Mrs', when I am male. They proceeded to tell me that it was a civil matter and not one for them to deal with. I told them that the amount owed wasn't the issue, but rather the adverse effect it was having on my credit score as I was considering applying for a mortgage soon. They simply doubled down on their 'civil matter' point and hung up on me.    I got in touch with Experian, who added a notice of correction to the entry on my report and provided a template for me to send off to Shop Direct. I sent this letter off and received zero response. The family member had started to make payments after I threatened reporting this to the relevant people, but the account, and the several months of missed payments, still remain as a black mark on my credit file. I will add that I got a CIFAS marker placed on my account to try and prevent this sort of thing from happening again in the future.   I have also filed this issue with the Financial Ombudsman. I guess I am posting this because I am not quite sure where to go next or what my next actions should be to get this removed from my credit report. It is incredibly disappointing that a family member would do this to me, but it is also extremely annoying that Littlewoods themselves have been very unhelpful in trying to rectify this issue that has occurred at such a point in my life when I am considering applying for a mortgage. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you.
  • Our picks

galwaygirl

Constantly being turned down jobs for no reason.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1535 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

How can I find out if I am deliberately being turned down for jobs where I have previously work

due to someone in authority taking a dislike to me.

How can I find out if I am deliberately being turned down for jobs where I have previously work

due to someone in authority taking a dislike to me.

If you don't get close to being offered the job : have you asked for feedback?

If you are offered the job "subject to references" and then the job offer is withdrawn : you need to SAR the prospective employer for copies of your references.

Is this a large organisation / public body with an HR Dept?

If it is a small employer and the person who dislikes you is acting "informally" : it may be hard to be sure / demonstrate that this is what is happening.

As another poster has already asked : what are the circumstances under which you left previously?

Thanks for the replies. It is a large organisation and have been working on the internal bank for the past five or six years. One assignment lasted to two and a half years another one lasted eighteen months. During a period of unemployment, I contacted the bank on a number of occasions and was told they had no assignments. However an outside agency contacted me with the offer of a position at the said organisation. On contacting the organisation to give them my details she was told that they did know me, and I had worked for them before but they wouldn't use my services again. Naturally I was devastated. I have recently been told by the agency person that during a recent meeting with one of the managers my name came up and the manager said that I was disruptive, that there was nothing wrong with my work. I would really like to get to the bottom of what's happening.

I would interpret disruptive as

- doesn't do as told

- is gossipy

- annoys clients

- isn't flexible about shifts

- has too much time off sick

Any of those ring a bell?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Sadly, someone in a position of power thinks they do :(

And there's no right of recourse, I am afraid.

If you think they have you confused with someone else, try adding a photo to your application?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I faced a similar thing at a previous employer when recruiting for a new member of staff. A previous employee that had left before I had arrived applied for the job, I had shortlisted her based on her application and when discussing my choices with a member of senior management was told emphatically no.

The reasons were many and varied, none of which amounted to very much but the overriding theme was that given the choice, they would not re-employ her. It seems you're in a similar position here and even if it's only a difference in personality it may well be enough to keep your application on the 'no' pile. I'd take it as a massive hint to try elsewhere.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Thanks for the replies. Surely the case you refer to is discrimination as is the case with me and the comments made about me slander.

It's not illegal.

But a great way to get yoursef a reputation as unemployable is to try and take employers to court...

You are not in a position of strength here

If it were discrimination based on one of the protected characteristics like gender or race then it'd carry weight. In our case at least, and as it seems with yours it was a general feeling that the person involved was not right for the team and that their presence was unhelpful and unhealthy. The entire recruitment process is by its very definition one of discrimination as you eliminate all but the successful candidate based on suitability for the role. There's so much more to it than 'they can do the job'. All recruiting decisions I've ever made and ever seen made have been the result of every interaction with a prospective candidate being positive and I do speak to everyone they've encountered as they've gone through the process.

Likewise when it comes to slander really, you've an unnamed person expressing an opinion about your previous conduct. Not only would it be phenomenally expensive to pursue such a claim but you'd need to identify who was responsible and prove that their opinions were wrong. I've seen decisions come down to how someone interacted with their fellow candidates over lunch before so that persons' definition of disruptive may boil down to their experience of you on a bit of an off day.

Like I said, move on.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.