Post Office Counters overcharging

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has had Post Office staff try to overcharge them or if it is just my local branch.

Several times I have taken packages to my local Post Office and they have tried to overcharge me. The most recent was I took a "large letter" size packet and was told it would cost £3.90, the cost of a small parcel. I queried this and was rudely told to hand it over to be put in the guide. It fell straight through. The cost ended up at £2.29. A lot of elderly people use this Post Office and probably don't think twice about questioning the cost. Believing that the staff will offer them the cheapest option along with all other options.

I can't say I have had this problem. My local P.O has always weighed any letter/parcel and charged the right amount, even when advising the compensation levels for each type of signed for option.

Perhaps it is just some jobsworth trying it on. You could complain but as you are aware of the tactic and catch them out, you haven't lost anything as such.

Making the Royal Mail aware is the best you could hope for but to be frank, RM don't care. It's all about the money to them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Do you see them put the stamp on it?

It would be interesting to check the packet on arrival and find that it was franked with the lower value

Do you see them put the stamp on it?

It would be interesting to check the packet on arrival and find that it was franked with the lower value

If no receipt was offered then I would also be querying it. I wonder how many of us check the receipt as well? (if one was issued)

I have to say that the sizing guide is not just for the post office. If there isn't one at the front then you should be asking them to check it/

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE