• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wage arrestment help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My partner has just received a letter at home stating that her wages are about to be arrested for council tax arrears.

My partner, my 18 month old son and I live on my partners part time wage of £520 per month as I am ill, and while I am entitled to employment support allowance due to the illness, I am apparently not entitled to any actual payment as my partner is expected to provide for me. So the 19% of her wage that will be taken in the wage arrestment will quite literally wipe us out and end us.

Now I am aware that this is a debt that has to be paid and we actually have tried to make arrangements but this is where things have confused me. At the start of the year I was trying to make arrangements for a payment plan via e-mail and was offered a payment plan of £20 a month which I accepted. After I accepted I never heard anything else from the council, no confirmation of the plan. Regardless, I began to pay the agreed amount of £20 per month and today we were sent the letter stating that her wage was being arrested.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, as we are now at our wits end.

Thanks

Lee

Hi,

Who did you try to set up a payment plan with, the Council or Sheriff Officers.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Are you up to date with this years payments and have you had any letters from Sheriff Officers regarding the arrears.

Yes this years payments are up to date. We had a letter last year from Sheriff officers regarding the arrears which prompted us to set up the payment plan with the council. So the council offered the £20 a month option and we agreed to it.

I'm surprised the Council offered a payment plan, you should phone them and ask if you can continue paying the arrears to them.

Normally once the council give the arrears over to the Sheriff Officers you have to deal with them.

The Council will have obtained a Summary Warrant, which they do not have to inform you off.

There then would be a 10% surcharge added to the debt.

They would then pass the debt to the Sheriff Officers who would then apply for a Charge for Payment which once expired normally after 14 days, gives them powers to get the money due by other methods mainly Wage arrestment and Bank Account arrestment.

The irony of this situation is that if they go forward with the wage arrestment then we have nothing to pay the current years bill, then the whole cycle starts again.

I know, they don't seem to think before they act.

I can't see how if your making your agreed payments to the council they would go for the wage arrestment.

Is your letter today from Sheriff Officers.

I think so, Form 30 Earnings Arrestment Schedule. It has the sheriff officers address at the bottom but also states all payments and enquires should be made to the council.

Your best bet would be to get in touch with the council and see if they will let you continue with your payment plan.

Sometimes the wages arrestment works out cheaper than a payment plan.

sorry i don't understand

you offered £20 and now the wages arrestment wants £15

you are better off??

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

There's an arrestment table here.....

http://www.scotdebt.net/earnings_arrestment_tables.htm

I've read that, to be honest it confuses me a little. She earns £520 a month, so from that table I assumed they would take 19% which would be £98.80 a month?

It would be £15.

or 19% of the difference between £460.06 and £520 which is £59.94 whichever is the greater amount.

Think 19% of £59.94 is £11 odd so the amount they could take would be £15.

I thank you for clearing that up for me. We will sleep a bit better tonight. :whoo:

Good stuff, your a fiver a month better off now :)

Don't spend it all in the one shop :thumb:

• 3 months later...
Hfdgh

ok... Hi scottishborderer. Anything we can help you with?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D