• Tweets

• You would probably have been better off just not turning up for the flights and giving up the money.   How you paid is irrelevant.    You formed a contract with Ryanain then broke it.   Ryanair are going to want their money.
    • Why should I not mention that my wife was driving? Excel already know this, AND that I still have the ticket, from my original letter to appeal to the fine from two years ago. They still rejected it, just saying it was not clearly displayed. The court don't know any of this, so surely they'll throw it out once they know all the facts?   I'd just like this to go away, I don't want to drag it out any further and appeal against them, I could just do without the hassle.
    • Particulars of claim please :   Frustration of Contract and Unfair terms in relation to a request of the refund monies paid when no service provided for wedding event on 23/05/2020 as agreed or at any later date up to date of claim or thereafter. 1.       On 01/04/2019 we confirmed our booking for 23/05/2020 for 350 guests. Please refer to document titled “Wedding Reception Contract”.  There were no terms and conditions attached nor were they provided to us.  2.       We were pressured into make a full payment of £7,700 to secure the date for 23/05/2020, as the dates would not be guaranteed without a full payment.  Full payment was made on 02/04/2019. 3.       On 15/12/2019 we contacted the Events Manager who informed us that she was no longer employed by Goosedale Limited. 4.       We made a number of calls but none of these were returned.  We finally made contact with Mrs F on 13/01/2020 to explain that we understand our Events Manager has left and who would be the new Events Manager.  5.       An on-site appointment was made on 20/01/2020 at Goosedale, together with our wedding catering provider but this was double booked and we were seen by the admin officer who had limited information as our wedding plans. 6.       On 20/01/2020 after the on-site appointment the new Events Manager, Mr xxxx contacted us he would be the duty manager on the wedding day.  7.       On 21/01/2020 Mr xxxxx sent us the catering pack. 8.       On 29/02/2020 we had an on-site meeting with Mr Nick Singh at 10am. 9.       On 05/03/2020 Mr xxxxx sent us a summary of the on-site discussion. 10.   On 20/03/2020 we emailed Goosedale Limited requesting an update for alternative dates or refunds following Government Guidelines regarding COVID-19.  Mr xxxx responded that Goosedale Limited would be postponing events booked for April and May 2020.  Alternative dates were the only option and no refunds were available. 11.   We provided alternative dates none of which were available for Goosedale Limited. They confirmed they had no availability for July 2020 and August 2020 in any of their rooms within their venue.    12.   On 23/03/2020 we requested a full refund as the original wedding date for 23/05/2020 could not go ahead. Mr xxxx confirmed that Goosedale Limited would not be issuing full refunds and attached the Terms and Conditions.  This was the first time we had seen this document. Following his refusal to return the full refund, we offered Goosedale Limited to hold onto out deposit and return the rest of our money until the matter was resolved. 13.   In the absence of a response from Mr xxxx, we further emailed him on 26/03/2020 and requested an update. On 27/03/2020, Mr Nick Singh offered us 18/07/2020 for 350 guests which we agreed and received another booking confirmation on 30/03/2020. 14.   Due to rise in COVID-19 and the uncertainty with events going ahead in July 2020, on 17/04/2020 we secured an alternative date for 350 guests to take place on 08/10/2020 in line with the original booking. Unfortunately, we have not received a booking confirmation for this event. 15.   Wedding venues remained closed until 15/08/2020 and now allow for 30 sit-down guests only. 16.   Goosedale Limited have advised us that weekend bookings require a higher payment, however despite 08/10/2020 falling on a weekday, we were not offered a price reduction. 17.   No further communication was received from 17/04/2020 until an email on 03/09/2020, with a letter attached requested a further “£250 security bond for the event on 08/10/2020”. 18.   On 04/09/2020, we wrote to Goosedale Limited requesting a full refund.  A Letter before court action was issued giving Goosedale Limited 14 days to refund the money. 19.   They received the Letter before Court action on 6/09/2020 in which the request for a refund in full was made, this was sent by recorded delivery which was logged as Received by them and documented the facts to claim a full refund. 20.   We have received no communication to the Letter before Court action and have incurred costs up to that date, in trying to resolve the matter.  Goosedale Limited have remained silent on the matter and have no disregard about how this has affected us financially 21.   We have been subject to unfair practices under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as Goosedale Ltd have refused a refund “stating no refunds available under any circumstances”. 22.   The CMA issues guidelines on 28 August 2020 (attached) which confirmed that the Contract has become frustrated, and the Terms No Refund are not legal terms to be imposed on customers, who have to cancel due to the COVID. 23.   We have tried to be reasonable under the Circumstances including working with the Venue to rearrange dates right up to August 2020 however it has become clear that, the venue can not provide the service we have paid for since 23 May 2020, and they have unreasonably held on to our funds, without providing any service under the Contract. 24.   We have no additional contracts with the Venue and they have imposed terms which deny a refund, despite informing them in the Letter before action that we  request a refund of the full amount, this now includes interest from the day the Service was not provided up to the date of Trial, as we have been reasonable throughout the conduct of this matter. 25.   We have now had to face additional charges and costs which we will ask the Court to award at the Hearing, we can confirm that we have attempted to resolve this matter amicably since March 2020, but have been met with a blank excuse to deny a refund. 26.   The current Government guidelines highlight that wedding ceremonies allows for up to 30 guests at a sit-down wedding reception which came into effect from 15/08/2020. As detailed above, our current contract and payment has been for 350 people. Goosedale Limited are not in a position to provide this service. Legislation : We have made Goosdale aware of the legislation we will be relying on below, again we have waited for a response and this has not been forthcoming. GOV.UK – Competition & Markets Authority Guidance – Statement on coronavirus (COVID-19), consumer contracts, cancellations and refunds dated 28/08/2020. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cma-to-investigate-concerns-about-cancellation-policies-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-consumer-contracts-cancellation-and-refunds The Consumer Rights Act 2015 Unfair Terms https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1999/2083/contents/made The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made
    • can you pop all those into one multipage PDF please so we can Zoom and not have to take all day to download single page files. read upload carefully  
    • Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1879 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

In 2012 I purchased a car through Carcraft over a 5 year agreement.

When signing up, I also paid around £2000 extra for their Drive Happy Package which included MOT's, Services, and RAC Cover for 5 years.

Now they have gone bust I've been told they are no longer honouring the package. I was due for my "free" service next Monday.

Where do I stand? Do i just have to suck it up or can i possibly reclaim something?

Thanks for any help.

I now understand why they sold the loans they had issued on these to another company a few months ago!

DHP has proved to be pretty useless in reality, and had they been more upfront about the myriad of exclusions when selling it I'd never have made the mistake I did :(

Hi,

I was having a look around the web to see if the warranty was operated by a different company to Car Craft. I found nothing!

As it stands, the warranty is useless and you will be at the bottom of the chain for any potential refund.

The administrators should be able to give more info. they are Grant Thornton

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

I guess the good news is that you have lost just the one year, anyone having purchased a vehicle in say the last 12 months are going to have a lot more to suck up :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

On my latest Noddle credit report the entry for All-in-One-Fiance has disappeared. It's not showing in the closed accounts section either. On Clearscore it is showing as a closed account.

When I rang and spoke to AIOF last month to say I was still waiting to hear from them, I was told because I hadn't made any payments since the company had gone bust my record would marked as in default.

So, no idea what's going on.

poss put on a phishing list awaiting a buyer

then it will re-appear

or this closure is a good one

where they are simply wiping the entries like they did with a portion of the old welcome finance debts

which ideally is what should happen.

the bottom line is it was for a bolt-on product, that in all honesty, was not even needed and could be reclaimed anyway

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.