Barclaycard Debts can't make minimum payments

simonindebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have 2 barclaycards both we have had for many years, 1 was originally an Egg Card.

Both cards in my wifes name.

Current Balances:

We have received a default notice for both cards as we have paid very little in the last 6 months.

I have just written to them asking to freeze interest and charges and give us 2 months to respond back with a payment offer.

Is there anything else I should be doing yet?

p'haps each of you send an SAR

to get all the statements

that way you might see if you have PPI

and or PENALTY £12 fees to reclaim [late over letter etc]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right

As DX said get a SAR sent off.

There may be PPI and also lots of Penalty Charges to reclaim.

On top of that, how about getting them to check for a CCA?

If they are extremely old, they may not have them :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Simon and welcome to CAG

Would you say the a/c's were opened before or after March 2007

If you have all the old statements, get checking for penalty charges. These should be reclaimed with compound interest.

Let us know if there is PPI.

If you don't have all statements, send of one SAR which will cover both of YW's card a/c's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the advice, I have been so busy working just haven't had time to progress this mater far yet.

I will today send off a SAR for both cards, I dont think there is any PPI but should be some default charges.

When I wrote to Barclaycard asking for 2 months to sort out a payment offer they gave my a 30 day freeze on charges.

I then wrote back just before the 30 days was up and ask for another 30 days as I was trying to sort out what benefits I was entitled to so couldn't do a firm budget plan at the moment.

They wrote back giving me another 30 days, but for some reason the balance on one of the accounts has jumped up another £124.20

Balances Now:

Barclaycard 1 £5557.61 (credit limit £5000.00)

Barclaycard 2 £8819.12 (credit limit £8200.00)

I did do a rough budget with StepChange and it seems I will have about £80 monthly to pay these 2 Barclaycards and a Vanquis Card )

I was considering doing a debt management plan with StepChange to make things more simple. Do you consider this a good idea?

Hi Simon,

You didn't say when the a/c's were opened and this is important as regards enforceability.

All penalty charges can, and should, be reclaimed in full.

If you're unable to make repayments as required, you can ask BC to stop adding interest and penalties as per guidance in The Lending Code to which BC subscribes.

Do this yourself, or with any recognised debit advice body that does NOT charge you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Here is a thread to look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423713-Barclaycard-Link

Get those SAR and CCA requests in and please confirm whats been asked re: when account was opened :)

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.