Digital_2012

Vauxhall Dealer Diagnose Money Claim Back

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1663 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys my car been to Vauxhall dealer for diagnose as my car corsa 1.3 cdti 2007 misfiring on low revs. Vauxhall kept the car for three days and finally they told me that number 3 fuel injector is misfiring and no other fault reported. Got the car back on 28/04/2015 and today 3-/04/2015 my timing chain snapped while driving the recovery guy confirmed that timing chain gone and it damaged all cams etc.

Can anybody confirm what are my right and what can i claim like repairs or money back. I paid £75 for diagnose and they could not find out if my timing chain is going.

Thank you

Changing a coil pack has nothing to do with the cam and it's workings. If you took it in to diagnose a misfire, they wouldn't be looking for anything other than the cause of that.

It's a diesel so i don't think it has coil pack. I told them about weird noise coming from engine. They checked everything like turbo egr and also performed compression test. Snapped timing chain means the whole engine gone due to bent valves etc.

Oops, sorry, mistyped that, meant injector.

Unless he stripped it down, he cannot say with any confidence that there is any damage at all. It may be an interference engine, but even then unless you see inside, you can't say what damage has been done, if any.

Are they responsible! That's a difficult one. Did you just mention a rattle or ask them to diagnose what the cause of the noise is?

Can you tell if a chain is about to go? very difficult, if you have ever ridden a bike or motor bike, can you tell if the chain is about to break.

Without dismantling there is no real way of telling. A screwdriver against the chain bearing and ear would have given a very good indication there 'could' be a problem but even that wouldn't indicate the chain is about to break.

Yes i got your point i have very weak case so no point taking any action against them.