high than expect water bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently sold my 2 bed flat in Apr but got a water bill for Nov 2014 to Apr 2015 from the mgmt company, which showed I used 92 m3 water and charged me almost £240! But I paid only 104 for Nov 2013 to Nov 2014 and I don't use much more than usual water.

How can it jump so much! I forgot to take the meter reading when I moved out. Actually not read it for years. So I can not really argue the meter reading with them. Anyone can have some good advice on what I should do?

Were your previous bills based on estimated or actual readings? Have they used an actual reading for your final bill?

If your previous bills were estimated but they were able to obtain an actual reading once you moved, what has probably happened is your previous bills were underestimated by a fair bit so if they were able to get an actual reading, they may have played 'catch up'. I think that is how it works anyway.

I know that's not a lot of help at this stage, but going over your bills should be a good starting point.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.