Carcraft Closes with loss of 600 Jobs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Carcraft closure: 500 jobs to go at second-hand car dealer

The company has 10 showrooms around the UK

The second-hand car company Carcraft is to close, with the loss of about 500 jobs.

The dealership, based in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, has 10 showrooms around the country.

Carcraft is the UK's seventh-largest second-hand car chain, selling more than 12,000 used vehicles a year, administrators said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32538820

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had no idea they started out in 1951, I always thought they were a pretty recent company formed about the time the TV adverts started.

Whilst I'm sorry that the staff are losing their jobs, this hardly comes as a huge surprise. They have a bad reputation when it comes to aftercare and the entire business seemed to have become reliant on worthless extended warranties and covers that had so many exceptions they were virtually impossible to claim on. Other dealers such as Arnold Clarke should take note of all this and learn some major lessons. Sadly, we know that they won't.

I also expect the senior staff will be walking away with huge redundancy payouts whilst the frontline and back office staff receive nothing more than the mandatory minimum at best.