Advice please re Carcraft Warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In May 2013 I stupidly bought a car from Carcraft and was pressured into taking out an additional 3 year guarantee

by a salesman who told me a pack of lies (I know, I'm an idiot!).

For various reasons this warranty turned out completely uselss and I have lodged a complaint with the FOS,

who incidently also seem useles as it's been well over a year since I've heard from them

and all I get when chasing is "it's a complicated law, we will get back to you".

Apaprt from all that,

I've read this morning that Carcraft has gone into liquidation and closed down all their garages,

so in effect they wouldn't be able to uphold their end of the bargain i.e. MOT, servicing and repairs at their premises.

So where does this leave me?

I've been paying £45pm for the past 2 years for a service I've never used and wont be able to use.

Can I stop paying?

I have also sold the lemon of a car they sold me and paid off the finance on it.

It's only this warranty that's outstanding over a 5 year period.

reclaim it as like PPI

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I rang them yesterday but the guy on the phone couldn't tell me anything so I asked him to place a note on my account saying that I am suspending payments until such time as there is a clearer picture. He said 'Absolutely, I don't blame you'. So I've cancelled my DD and will wait to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

As the warranty was front loaded, it would need a rewrite to the agreement. As carcraft are no longer around, I would assume the administrator would have some say in that aspect.

Many problems for them to sort out :|

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

to broken biscuits - won't cancelling your dd effect your credit rating. As i was going to do that as soon as i heard my DHP was void now but people keep telling me it will damage my credit which i can't risk ????

how can it

the original creditor no longer exists?

whos name is against the entries on your cra file.

who is the current listed owner of the 'debt'

dx

and they

all i know is that, all in one finance ltd take £50 a month and will do for the next 4 and half year but i can't use any of the services, mot or anything now. They have paid carcraft already when i got the car in October :sad:

why not phone them and ask the simple question.

I'm paying you for a product that no longer exist

where do I stand

and what are they doing about it

dx

and they

All-in-One Finance is the name on my credit reference.

I rang them and the guy on the phone could tell me diddly squat and said they were expecting to be put into administration shortly.

So, I told him that as I'm paying for a service they are unable to provide that I would suspend my payments

until they could provide me with clear details of what's ging to happen and that I'd like him to make a note on my account to that fact.

He was really nice actually considering he was probably going to lose his job fairly soon and said he didn't blame me.

Not sure what will happen with my credit rating but I think I can take the hit if it comes to it, until it's sorted anyway.

Not sure what will happen with my credit rating but I think I can take the hit if it comes to it, until it's sorted anyway.

IF something adverse appears on your credit rating, you can ask the CRA's to add a note to your report outlining the circumstances thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

IF something adverse appears on your credit rating, you can ask the CRA's to add a note to your report outlining the circumstances thumbup.gif

Yes, it's called a Notice of Correction. However, I've been told it's worse if you add this as lenders take longer to approve you and may decline solely based on an NoC due to abuse of the system. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

• 1 month later...

AIOF "sold" many of the credit agreements on to Aktiv/PRA - presumably because they saw what was coming and wanted to get some cash in - but they continued to administer the loans themselves still.

I cancelled the DD shortly before CarCarft and AIOF went into administration, as the DD was showing as AIOF rather than PRA, and so I assumed this was the old agreement. AIOF contacted me shortly after CarCraft went into administration to chase the payments and I asked for clarification as to who owned the loan... heard nothing more since they are now also in administration.

No CRA report made last month by them, and currently the loan is still recorded against them rather than PRA. Hoping it remains that way, but anything's possible I guess!

It was mis-sold in the first place - they even applied for me to get credit on the DHP before asking if I wanted it! - and selling it to PRA was probably a little under-hand also, but arguing that may not be so easy. :(

Mine too was mis-sold, I have lodged a case with the Financial Ombudsman, although I'm finding them pretty uselss as it was lodged over 18 months go!

Anyway I received a letter, hand-delivered to my house yeterday from a company called Motorway Direct, saying they will take over the DHG although you could opt out and the agreement would be cancelled from the date of CC's collapse. I rang up immediately and told them to go forth so I'm hoping that's the end of that.

I had a small loan with CC for £750 which they sort of forced and bamboozled me into and apparently I've to continue paying that, however, I've never heard a dickie bird from AIOF since I rang them and told them I was suspending payments until I knew what was going on.

My credit file this month said payments were up-to-date despite me now missing two months payments.

you never ever ring a dca.

they are not bailiffs

so the debts have been sold

dx

and they

But how can they sell a debt when they haven't even told me how much I owe? The letter last week said if I didn't take up the new Drive Happy Package with Motorway Direct, which I didn't, I called them and categorically stated I did NOT want it, then this amount would be decuted from what I owe.

that's dca's and portfolio buying for you.

if they keep it up

fire them off a CCA request.

dx

and they

I have merged all you posts to your own thread here

please post on this thread now

dx

and they

• 5 months later...
In May 2013 I stupidly bought a car from Carcraft and was pressured into taking out an additional 3 year guarantee

by a salesman who told me a pack of lies (I know, I'm an idiot!).

For various reasons this warranty turned out completely uselss and I have lodged a complaint with the FOS,

who incidently also seem useles as it's been well over a year since I've heard from them

and all I get when chasing is "it's a complicated law, we will get back to you".

Apaprt from all that,

I've read this morning that Carcraft has gone into liquidation and closed down all their garages,

so in effect they wouldn't be able to uphold their end of the bargain i.e. MOT, servicing and repairs at their premises.

So where does this leave me?

I've been paying £45pm for the past 2 years for a service I've never used and wont be able to use.

Can I stop paying?

I have also sold the lemon of a car they sold me and paid off the finance on it.

It's only this warranty that's outstanding over a 5 year period.

I'm a bit late to this party but I am in exactly the same position as you. Offloaded the car, cleared the finance but stuck with a finance agreement that I didn't want or need. Unfortunately I got rid of all of the warranty documentation. I paid for a 3 year warranty which means I would be due a refund from the current company but they have had 'new information' that says I only had a 2 year warranty which means my warranty was finished when the company went bust and I am owed nothing; with the 3 year warranty I still had a year left when the company went bust and I could potentially get the debt written off as they can't provide the service paid for. How do I prove otherwise - the only thing I have is a Facebook post from my wife on the day I got the car saying that I had a 3 year warranty!

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of their paperwork saying how much they paid? I paid £995 plus interest if that's of any help!

I'm a bit late to this party but I am in exactly the same position as you. Offloaded the car, cleared the finance but stuck with a finance agreement that I didn't want or need. Unfortunately I got rid of all of the warranty documentation. I paid for a 3 year warranty which means I would be due a refund from the current company but they have had 'new information' that says I only had a 2 year warranty which means my warranty was finished when the company went bust and I am owed nothing; with the 3 year warranty I still had a year left when the company went bust and I could potentially get the debt written off as they can't provide the service paid for. How do I prove otherwise - the only thing I have is a Facebook post from my wife on the day I got the car saying that I had a 3 year warranty!

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of their paperwork saying how much they paid? I paid £995 plus interest if that's of any help!

you need to start a new thread

of you own please

and they