RW collect chasing unknown 2008 arrows CCJ - mobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I recently received several letters from Rossendales Collect regarding a debt with Arrow Global.

Firstly I honestly don't know what its for but being that its so old I just sent back the Statute Barred letter and stated that I did not recognise any debt anyway.

I then received a letter stating:-

We have liaised with our client which have confirmed you had a judgment placed on the account by ***** on 09/09/2009, Case Number xxxxxx therefore cannot be considered statute barred.

I know nothing about this judgement, is there any way I can confirm that it exists?

I know there is a lot of dispute about judgements being statute barred after 6 years and every thread on the subject I've found falls into debate and offers little advice for further action.

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Thanks everyone, I love this site its been very helpful over the years.

the judgment isnt barred. but once over 6 yrs, any enforcement may require the courts permission. not sure how that works.

cld it have been barred prior to the initial claim?

details needed.

Trustonline shows nothing registered but it only seems to search for my current address. Would something at a past address show up?

Thanks!

ah, at an old address. should do.

have you also tried your credit files?

Ford thanks for your replies!

For some reason I can't access my credit score with any of the major agencies. They all come back with an error asking me to call.

Regarding more details, I honestly don't know. Apparently its to do with mobile phone contract from circa 2004. I don't recall any issues or disputes and I don't have any paperwork from back then.

Ask them for further details to prove debt. either that or u could contact Northampton bulk centre and see what they say

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

so as per the title

the judgement is not over 6yrs old

and the CCJ was attained in 2009 within 6yrs of of the account opening

so that's not barredeither.

rock and a hard place.

shame you replied to rossers

you should have come here first.

head down for a few months more and it would have been out of time

sort of.

can you not search TOL for the address you were at for the time of the CCJ?

check it was arrows that are the claimant

we've seen rossers/arrows put this

CCJ in our name before

and they were not the claimant!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you have the case number so phone northants and ask for a copy of the CCJ

or the name of the claimant and the exact judgement

write it down!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry Typo, it was 2008 so still 6 years.

I've written requesting proof and stating again that I don't recognise the debt. I can't find any record of it (probably because its over 6 years old and no longer on the register?) So lets let them do the work!

Frankly I'd like to know what this is all about but mostly I'd like them to go away.

I'll post details of any reply.

Thanks everyone.

Good luck to them its over 6 yrs as my middle one was born in 2008

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

good sorted then

they've had 6yes to enforce the CCJ

they have not.

the judge will not be too happy I bet

if they want to goto court to try and enforce it

then let them they'll soon come unstuck

and I bet they were not the claimant anyway.

good guess from earlier then.

you should have ignored them and not started letter tennis

just for clarification.

a CCJ cannot be statute barred

neither can the debt associated with it

once the judgement is attained.

and they

Dx is correct but they would find it difficult to do any enforcement. If its not on your CF then they can write as much as they like its there time and money they are wasting

Sorry Typo, it was 2008 so still 6 years. What was..... the last payment or the judgment date ?

Thanks everyone.

We have liaised with our client which have confirmed you had a judgment placed on the account by ***** on 09/09/2009, Case Number xxxxxx therefore cannot be considered statute barred.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

The last payment, I have no idea or records. I wasn't aware there was a problem until now. The Last judgement was 09/09/08.

Everyone, firstly, do Arrow Global or Rossendales need to be the OC for them to be right?

Secondly, if they are the OC, how to I tell them to go stick it as any judge would kick it out for being too late?

If the judgment was 09/09/08.....then they are out of time to execute it.....without the courts permission.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy,

On all the threads I have searched on this I can't find anything advising the next cause of action once a Judgement has passed 6 years. Can anyone suggest what I should say to get them off my back?

An action cannot be brought on any judgment after the expiry of 6 years from the date it became enforceable. The term “action” only applies to the commencement of fresh proceedings on a judgment, it does not include enforcement proceedings so, strictly speaking, for enforcement purposes and enforcement proceedings, no limitation period applies.

However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period.

Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced. Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought.

As for getting them " off your back "...nothing you can do except ignore their missives and wait for any official court action.