How to check the Penalty Fare Notice number for DLR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Last week I took the DLR but forgot to scan in, at that time I didn't get any penalty notice for but I have been told to take my notice tomorrow. At that time, my student oyster card was scanned by the officer's card reader.

Now it has been one week so where can I get the notice and how can i check whether I need to pay?

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm not sure what you mean about taking your notice tomorrow. What were you told please?

My best, HB

At that time, after I got off the train start. There was no time to deal my case so he just told me to go somewhere to take the notice. Maybe I misunderstand?

So did the inspector hand you something on the day you were stopped please?

Edit: AFAIAA, a penalty notice is a piece of paper telling you to pay money.

HB

no, nothing he gives to me. Only scanning my student osyter card by his card reader..

Right, thank you.

So where has he told you to go tomorrow?

HB

It is the problem. I didin't hear clear. After he scanned my osyter card, the train strat quickly and there is a crowed and noisy morning.

Well, if you don't have a piece of paper with a penalty fare number on it, I don't see how you can pay. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and comment.

Did the inspector take any details about you or ask you any questions?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

OK, thanks a lot.

By the way, if someone lost the penalty fare notice and he doesn't remember the notice number, do you know what will he do next? I think it is the similar case for me to check the penalty notice..

OK, thanks a lot.

By the way, if someone lost the penalty fare notice and he doesn't remember the notice number, do you know what will he do next? I think it is the similar case for me to check the penalty notice..

I think he has a problem. So which is it, did you lose the piece of paper or not have one please? Did the inspector take your name and address?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think he has a problem. So which is it, did you lose the piece of paper or not have one please? Did the inspector take your name and address?

HB

I have not got any paper before and inspector didn't take my name and address, but I think my student osyter card can prove my address.

• 1 month later...

Hi, it sounds like there could be a language issue here??

If the staff member did not issue you a penalty fare notice which you would have had to provide details for and sign, you do not have any worries! The DLR is a strange system with both train captains and revenue staff about. The latter have more time to stay with you and issue the fare notice while the first has to operate the train. I hope the captain told you to tap on or "scan in" as you called it tomorrow as a gentle warning as if they catch you again with out a valid oyster you will get a penalty fare.

Source- I'm a train captain on the DLR

fox echo, something similar happaned to me, the gentleman asked for my entry and exit points and let me get off and tap in im quite worried that as my oyster card is registered that i might be fined or prosecuted. Does the PSA usually upload the information to TFL?