DWP Sanctioned me for being late to a work program interview

Dickyb0b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So ive just come out of my sanction period just now from the 21st to the 30th , the sancation was for being 15 minitues late for a work program interview, there was really nothing i could do, the bus came to a stop in traffic jam and a heck of alot of passengers got on that day, very frustrated , i think it wasnt fare as i had no control what was happening, what do you think?

Hello Dicky and welcome to CAG

It is always worth while appealing a sanction straight away. What is there to lose?

What reason did the Decision Maker actually give for sanctioning you? The wording is important.

Please clarify the sanction period dates. Sanction period usually covers the 2 week signing on period in which the alleged cause of the Doubt occurred. Never heard of it covering 9 days.

Also a first sanction these days usually incurs a 4 week stoppage of benefits. Is that not the case with you?

Hello Dicky and welcome to CAG

It is always worth while appealing a sanction straight away. What is there to lose?

What reason did the Decision Maker actually give for sanctioning you? The wording is important.

Please clarify the sanction period dates. Sanction period usually covers the 2 week signing on period in which the alleged cause of the Doubt occurred. Never heard of it covering 9 days.

Also a first sanction these days usually incurs a 4 week stoppage of benefits. Is that not the case with you?

I suspect that because he did attend it didnt affect it that much...

But for being 15 minutes late... I think its overkill.

Yes challenge the sanction asap... :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You should of done a mandatory reconsideration.

Then done an appeal

Make sure you have stuck to all deadlines.

Be prepared for them to say you should of got an earlier bus.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

yes it was because i was late, he said i will get in to trouble, next thing i know i get a letter through the door saying theres a dout on my claim , i had to explain why i was late, i asked today if i could get a same day payment but they said the hardship money will be in on tuesday now, why was i thinking it would hardship + todays signing that i will get on tuesday?

To help people help you can you give us the dates of the meeting you were late for

The date the letter arrived and the date it was postmarked etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

If all the adviser told you was that you would get into trouble and he did not mention that he was raising a Doubt, or give you an opportunity to make a formal statement of your reason for being late, then he did not follow proper procedure. That's maladministration.

The DM would have accepted the Doubt and proceeded to allow the sanction without hearing your side of it. That too is maladministration.

It's beginning to sound like there might be a good chance of getting that sanction decision reversed.

You should prepare a letter to the DM asking for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision to sanction you. Include all the details of what was said and done at the adviser interview where you were told that you were in trouble, also the reason for the interview that you were late for, whether or not it went ahead and what was said and done at that interview.

There are members on this site who are well able to help put a case together for you, but in order to do that they will need all the details. Drip-feeding the details one snippet at a time is going to take longer than you've got to have your case heard.

na its ok, its happened now, i am just happy its sorted, it wasnt so hard as well as i am living with my mum still, i take it on the chin and i have just decided to use another bus which is more direct and not so much cutting through streets picking alot of people up, so hopefully it cant happen again...

Edited by Dickyb0b