Brent Harlesden High Street Pedestrian Zone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter got a PCN issued by CCTV on pedestrian zone.

I"ve tried looking into google map but there are no recent street view of the area after latest renovation project.

If anyone is local to area, requesting couple of pictures of the sign post pls and thanks in advance.

Probably not relevant but the pictures they've sent with PCN shows the car in main frame not belonging to her.

Her car can be seen but it's far behind and on looking at brent's website, they've zoomed the VRN.

There are no pictures of signs but they've zoomed on HSBC sign to indicate the location of the site.

The alleged contravention was on 18th April. Looking for advice before deciding to part with money.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Starfarer

Am in the same boat as you, got a PCN last week but i do not recall seeing any signage. I've driven by this area before, although it was several months back, and have never had any PCNs being issued.

Were you able to find out any new information on this matter - if I was on the wrong, at least i want to know what it was so that it doesn't happen again.

Please let me know when you can,

Pabz

Hi Pabz,

Sorry for late reply. I've sent appeal (email) to council and still waiting for reply. You can actually view the video on their website and it starts you've already made the turn to ped zone. Not sure whether there's any requirement for video to show the actual signage but will look into that later. Meanwhile send them letter and buy yourself some time. PM'ed copy of my letter.

You can also request for the council's guidance on enforcing pedestrian zone and issueing of PCN through CCTV. Request whether there's any requirement on council's guidance for footage to be recorded to include such as:

a) Vehicle approaching/passing the sign

b) continuing after sign

Same thing as above but include to request the type of observation needed for PCN to be valid ie"Vehicles must be observed approaching restriction, and passing sign."

The video on this particular location starts from once you've already made turn to pedestrian zone and thus lack any footage of vehicle approaching/passing the restriction sign. The whole length of road lacks any indication that the place is pedestrian or restricted zone.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here has successfully contested their PCNs for Harlesden High Street?

My daughter received a PCN for failing to observe the pedestrian zone, but she is currently in Thailand working for 7 weeks, so I'm trying to sort this out on her behalf.

This was the first time she'd ever driven in London and was using a SatNav which directed her down the High Street.

I've taken a look on Google maps but can't find any signs indicating where the Pedestrian Zone starts or ends, so I'd be very interested to find out how you all got on with your PCN's.

• 1 month later...

I was fined for the same offence and from the pictures it maybe the same video clip. I am going to appeal as there were no signs saying it was a pedestrian zone from my recollection. Have you received any pictures as you requested?

I made the same mistake today (satnav directed me on that road) and took the 3 point turn immediately after some pedestrian highlighted the mistake. I'm so much worried now as I'm a new driver and can't afford any pcn(points on my license).. Please advice?

Edited by Sree

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have also had the same pcn. However I dont recall seeing any signs, and my tomtom took me that way (not that that is an excuse!) but maybe the signs arent well placed and also there are double yellow lines there as there would be on a normal road... surely its worth us appealing.....

Hi,

Did anyone manage to contest this? I also got a pcn yesterday :( and also had my sat nav take me down there! (Although I have no idea where it is) I've driven a few times to london and back and I always go the same route and never had this fine before, is it a new thing? I'm sure I didn't see any obvious signs or I wouldn't have gone down there!

I found these photos online (from 2014) and they do show that there are signs up (although I don't think they are in the best position, being behind the clock!) and I don't think they are lit well enough - I was caught out at night and it's likely I just didn't see them. So I will be paying this fine unfortunately but I doubt I will be the last to get caught!

If anyone is still interested in a response...I spoke to the Brent council parking team who state 'There are signs on either side of the entrance to the pedestrianised zone as well as advance warning signs that no left and right turns are permitted upon the approach to the location.' so there is really not much hope in contesting! (also just noticed in the photos above that there is a no right turn arrow on the traffic light.....)

Hope that helps everyone, I'm off to pay mine