newday aqua card sold to idem - offering discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies if this sounds like a daft question but should a NOA contain certain wording to be valid?

The sentence I am interested in is as follows:

'has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest of the above referenced account including the outstanding balance to....'

Thanks.

There are a few things that have to be put in a notice of assignment.

However it has to basically say that the company is transferring all rights to a 3rd party as per their T&Cs at inception.

Whats the deal anyway? Why do you ask

?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi - it doesn't mention anything about ts and cs at inception interestingly. I have also just checked and the DOA they have provided is the same as the default date showing on my credit file.

I have received a letter from NewDay advising they have sold my Aqua account to Idem with effect from 31/3/2015 and in the same envelope is a letter from Idem introducing themselves.

I have done a lot of reading around CAG since I found the site and am curious as to what people think now about NOA letters.

I was thinking of when Idem start harassing me of asking them for a copy of the Deed of Assignment to see if everything marries up? Also the figure they reckon is outstanding is way above the credit limit and is made up of charges, etc.

you mean notice of assignment

if newday have sold it

time to get an sar running.

they'll be PPI and penalties to reclaim

idem will issue a claimform I bet too.

head them off at the pass and send a CCA request now.

that NOA is typically worded and compliant.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

don't know if this helps at all but when I was in court recently defending an alleged debt the 1st thing the judge picked up on was the NOA. He didn't accept that the account had been assigned because the assignment letters didn't state "NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT"

Hi dx - thanks for that - will try to head them off before they begin. With regard to the link in post 5 it is not the same card - I think I annoyed them by the way that account has been handled and that's why they've offloaded this one as well (might be wrong).

Thank you nunnyrose as well - neither letter has on it that it is a Notice of Assignment.

• 3 months later...

Hi - unfortunately I haven't yet - I thought I'd ignore them for now - it's taken them nearly 3 months to contact me again! I suspect you may be right - I think I may wait and see what the next letter says before deciding if I make contact.

I know there's no PPI on this one but charges - that maybe why they are offering a discount due to charges. You make a good point and I think I will do what you say - just didn't wan to get in to dialogue with them if I could help it.

What is or were newday doing with an aqua card

Strange

They only buy store cards

Dx

and they

found this on the web fyi:

What other brands is NewDay Ltd associated with?

From 1 April 2014, we will provide credit and store cards for these retail partners: Debenhams, House of Fraser, Laura Ashley, Topshop, Topman, Burton, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Evans, Dorothy Perkins, Outfit, Russell & Bromley, and Harvey Nichols.

Our consumer brands include the aqua, marbles and Opus branded range of credit cards.