• Tweets

• Merged witness and draft defence, deleting some paragraphs.. still too long?   1. I understand that the Claimant obtained a Default Judgment against me as the Defendant on 10 November 2021. However, the claim had not been served at my current address. Therefore, I was not aware of the County Court Judgment until I received a notification that it had been entered on my credit report. 2. On learning of the County Court Judgement on 15 November 2021, I immediately contacted County Court Business Centre to find out details of the Default Judgment. It was only at this point that I discovered that Capquest Investments Limited was the Claimant and that the judgment was regarding monies owed on an alleged credit agreement. On 17 November I received a copy of the judgment from the County Court Business Centre by Email. 3. I now know that the judgment was served at an old address (xxx). However, I moved to a new address on 8 January 2021 with my tenancy at the old address ending 5 February 2021. In support of this I can provide confirmation of two (2) Council Tax bills for my current address (xx) and previous address. See [EVIDENCE A and B] 4. On 12 September 2018, the Claimant wrote to the Defendant clearly stating that following a request from the Defendant for a copy of the signed Consumer Credit Agreement with the original creditor, that one did not exist. I had no reason to believe this situation has changed to date and, the Claimant having already written to my new address reporting of default sums notice under the the Consumer Credit Act 1974 did, purposefully, use an old address to gain a Default Judgement. See [EVIDENCE C] 5. I suggest the Claimant did not make reasonable enquiries as to my current address before pursuing the court order especially considering they had good reason to believe they did not hold my current contact details. As stated in the Civil Procedure Rules CPR 6.9(3) where a Claimant has reason to believe that the address of the Defendant referred is an address at which the Defendant no longer resides or carries on business, the Claimant must take reasonable steps to ascertain the address of the Defendant’s current residence or place of business. At the time of the County Court Judgment, my credit file showed my current address so I was there to be found by a simple trace. See [EVIDENCE D]. 6. The Claimant sent a letter dated 27 October 2021 to my current address which I received on 9 November 2021. This equates to only twelve (12) working days between the Claimant filing the claim and producing this letter. I must question why the Claimant would use two different addresses in such a short space of time if there was any doubt I no longer resided at the address they had on record. See [EVIDENCE E]. 7. On the basis provided above I would suggest that the Claimant did not fulfil their duty to use the Defendant’s current address when bringing the claim. 8. Considering the above, I as the Defendant was unable to defend this claim properly. I thus believe that the Default Judgement against me was issued incorrectly and thus should be set aside. 9. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 10. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with Shop Direct Finance Company Limited but I do not recognise the account number referred to by the Claimant.  11. Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The Claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the Defendant did not enter into any agreement with the Claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars. 12. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.
    • Evening dx will do, can I just ask what WHY is or have I just read it wrong?
    • So Xbox support came back to me with the expected decline of my request for the refund.  They cited the fact that the purchase occurred more than 14 days ago which goes against their refund policy.  So I've now had three refusals to refund for two different reasons.   I think I now need to show them we are serious and send them something more formal.  Would this be a letter of claim or is there anther step before that?   I've also been trying to figure out where to send any further correspondence as at present its all been done their online messaging platform, which doesn't feel formal enough...    
    • UPDATE:   Received 'Notice of allocation to small claims (hearing)' on Friday. Could somebody explain 4. please?     notice of allocation to the small claims track (hearing) REDACTED.pdf
    • its a letter of claim. you must reply   copy the 1st page and staple that to a new copy of our SB letter.   also keep a log of letters/texts/emails/call or WHY as under CONC that might later be useful
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Aviva, Welcome, Direct Car Finance PPI. Please help.

blaster1341

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning.

In January 2003 I took out a car loan with Direct Car Finance. The loan for the car was with Welcome Finance and front loaded with PPI of over £1500. At the time I was employed as a servant of the crown and as such can't be made redundant. I was also entitled to full paid sick leave so PPI was not needed.

I was not worldly wise and was told that I needed the PPI to be accepted. I took there word for this and signed the agreement.

Over the last couple of years I have tried to reclaim the PPI with the following results.

Welcome Finance originally said that I fall outside of the agreement due to the date the loan was implemented. They directed me to the PPI underwritters who at the time was Norwich Union, AKA Aviva.

Aviva have looked at the claim and said "we're sorry to advise that Aviva is not responsible for investigating the sale of your PPI policy. This is because the policy was arranged and sold by Direct Car Finance (DCF)"

They have included the address for DCF.

Has anyone successfully claimed against either Aviva or DCF?

Is what Aviva has said correct?

I do not want to give up but they make it so difficult.

Thanks for your help, Rob