cabot CCA requests for halifax debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm new to this so unsure how to get this into the correct forum? any help is appreciated.

To cut a long story short,

2 alleged Halifax debts were sold to Cabot in 2012 and I have had nothing but problems from the start with them.

in Sept 2014 I sent 2 CCA requests for the alleged debts and got the standard response from them and these accounts were on 'Hold',

however in Jan '15 I received a letter from Cabot stating that they were no longer going to pursue ONE of these debts.

I have heard nothing about the other one since,

I have since sent a letter to Halifax to see if they actually have a copy of the original CCA (dating back to May 2005)

but their response was for me to send for a SAR and I needed to put my signature on the letter to prevent fraud?? (I have not done this).

Should I send a follow up letter to Cabot asking what is happening or should I 'just let sleeping dogs lie'

any suggestions on next course of action?

If you have already sent your CCA request off to cabrot and they have failed to respond, then let sleeping dogs lie.

Ignore them and pay nothing until they send you the CCA, and an enforceable one at that!

How old are the accounts?

What are they?

How much?

Have you checked your credit file?

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks. I have not paid anything since I started this dispute with them.

The accnt they have given up on is from 1997 CC (approx. 8,000) ...good result (is there a chance this will be sold to other DCA to take a chance with?). The other is a loan (approx. 10,000) from may 2005 but have not heard anything since the standard 40 day letter they sent along with the accnt being on hold.

Cabot rarely ever have the correct CCA for their accounts. Until they send you a compliant response, ignore them. I would also report them for misleading you as they are saying you need to say them for a CCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So the loan from 05, when was the last time you paid/acknowledged this?

What does your credit file say?

Bet these don't show on there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The last time the alleged debts were acknowledged/paid was Sept 14,

I stopped both payments until they could action my CCA request.

Both debts were removed from my credit file in mid '13 so nothing now shows,

although I do check it every now and again to make sure nothing has re-appeared,

as I am now in a lot better position than I was a few years back.

I've heard horror stories about cabot reconstituting these CCA request

and trying to obtain CCJ's even though they can't supply CCA's.

The last time the alleged debts were acknowledged/paid was Sept 14,

I've heard horror stories about cabot reconstituting these CCA request and trying to obtain CCJ's even though they can't supply CCA's.

Ok, Bad news is the debt will now not be Statute Barred until Sept 2020 or if you live in Scotland Sept 2019.

If Cabot tries to obtain a CCJ with a reconstituted CCA then immediately open up a thread in the legal section and please include a link to this thread for history information.

Stigman

• Confused 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 3 weeks later...

It says you have ''Insurance loan''? that sounds like another name for PPI to me?

And the * next to it suggests there must be other footnotes which describe this 'insurance loan' so correct they've not sent you everything.....

Are you still paying anything at the moment?

No, I haven't paid anything since Sept '14 when I first sent Cabot the CCA request.

In relation to the PPI/insurance

this was dealt with a couple of years ago to my surprise as they contacted me direct. and has been settled.

the other foot notes are a photocopied sheet containing 'Key notes' in relation to the PPI. ie what is covered etc.

im a bit unsure if this actually holds any weight? and whether I start my payments again?

So you haven't posted up all they sent?

For the best advice, it is better to post up everything they sent you in relation to your CCA request.

where are the T&C's?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

follw this pop them all in a word doc first

upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have not received any T&C's . all I received was the scan above and 2pages in relation to the PPI / loan repayments cover. nothing on these pages has been signed as they appear to be for information only. I did not realise these would be relevant to any CCA request?

I will scan these sheets but I'm not sure what purpose this serves though?

without the t&cs the cca request has not been complied with

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

thank you, that's what I thought tbh. shall I advise them of this or sit on this information? I want to try and get 'my ducks in a row' with this - so to speak before I go into battle with them.

• 5 months later...

I have still not heard from Cabot in relation the requested CCA.

I sent Halifax a SAR request which has recently come back,

they have sent back copies of what Cabot had already sent me months ago (copies of agreements but no T's & C's etc).

Does anyone know where I stand with this as it looks like even Halifax do not hold all the relevant documents.

They have also sent screen shots of emails between Cabot and Halifax where they are requesting the documents back in July,

but I am still yet to hear from Cabot?

surely if they had the correct info they would have been back in touch by now?

its now been over 12 months since the original request.

if anyone has any advice on this it will be gratefully received.

you ignore them all unless/until they issue a claimform

dx

and they

As already advised, sit on your hands, the ball is firmly in their court now, and they know it.

There is nothing for you to do.

• 7 months later...

and never did, but as they all do

they tried to fleece you

you called their bluff.

dx

and they