BankFodder BankFodder

wilko1

Question re write off and FOS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1853 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If your car is written off after a non fault accident, and you can't agree the valuation with your insurance firm. And you then go to the Financial Ombudsman Service for them to make a ruling, does your insurance firm have to pay any kind of a fee? I ask because I understand that if you make a complaint against a bank or other lender then they have to pay a fee.Thanks

yes I believe any case referred to the FOS cost the firm upwards of £450 now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

many thanks

Are you aware it can take a very long time to be settled by the Ombudsman?

Have you made the claim for your car from your own Insurer eg you're paying an excess or have you gone direct to the third party or used an accident management company?

It's my daughters car, she was in it when it was rear ended. I know the ombudsman takes a long time, the ombudsman is not a route we would like to take. I was just asking so now that we know that the insurance firm has to pay a fee it is something that can be dropped into the negotiations if they offer a very low write off amount. The accident was reported to her insurance in the first instance, but she is using her own solicitors for a personal injury claim.

What makes you think the Insurer have not valued the car correctly?

Are you comparing their valuation against adverts from Autotrader?

The insurer hasn't made an offer yet I was just thinking ahead. The FOS website mentions that they use retail book values from Parkers, Glass's and CAP, I've obtained values from the 1st 2 but Cap are trade only, so I know roughly what the FOS would value the car at.