Problems with Norwich & Peterborough

sandra333
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My eldest daughter had her purse stolen on the 18 April 2015 which had her bank card in.

She reported it straight away to both bank and police.

On Monday 20th of April I went to the shops and found that Norwich and Peterborough had stopped my bank card.

I contacted them Tuesday morning for them to confirm they had stopped it and that they would be sending me a new one through the post.

My eldest daughter had a call from police saying someone had handed in her purse

and thankfully her card and other I.D. were still in it

I told her to try her card to see if the bank had stopped it.

They had kept her card active even though it was the one that went missing

so she went to the bank and told them to destroy it there and then and to send her a new one out.

On Wednesday the 22nd of April my youngest daughter tried to pay for her lunch by card to find that it was also stopped

I got her to phone the bank and complain which she did.

Now that's two cards stopped that were nothing to do with my eldest daughter and hers was left active.

On Thursday the 24th I received a letter from the bank saying due to me reporting my card lost or stolen and contacting them

they need the account number to investigate.

At the top of the letter was my bank account number and my youngest daughters bank account number.

I phoned them again informing them that I didn't report my card lost or stolen neither did my youngest daughter

yet, they stopped our cards and kept the one that was lost active,

and also that they had given me my youngest daughters account number.

The response was we are sorry for the mistakes and would phone my daughter to find out what she wanted to do about it.

They clearly breached the Data Protection Act because the letter was addressed to me.

They have since sent out a new card which I still cannot use

because all it tells me is that the pin number is wrong when I try my card at an ATM machine

even though the bank said my pin number would be the same.

My youngest daughter is stressing out because she has incurred late payment charges on a bill she pays for by her card every month and has never ever been late in paying.

Any help on who I contact apart from the bank as they are useless would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thank you . Sandra333

Edited by SabreSheep
Re formatted

Formatted post for ease of reading

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Don't worry about the bank charges, you can reclaim those as it is the banks fault.

Start their complaints procedure and exhaust until you're satisfied, in the meantime, open a new account with a more

professional bank, if you can find one?

You need to vote with your feet with this bank.

If they fail to rectify your complaint within 8 weeks then escalate it to the FOS, reclaim any of their bank charges, and I would even seek compensation from them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'd email the CEO, this is unacceptable and costly as well as embarrassing too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Than you all for the response.

I received a letter from N&P today saying sorry you feel we've let you down we are doing a thorough investigation.

We are usually quick on solving problems but, it may take up to 28 days to complete.

Thank you for allowing us to investigate your complaint.

I will await the response and go from there.