style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've got a couple of issues surrounding not 1 but 3 unknown parking tickets which my girlfriend picked up since 2013.

The car was then registered at my address in April 2014, in which time we have paid another PCN which we were aware of.

Now, without any other warning I have received 3 Notice of Enforcements.

My first issue is not having received any other notice before this so the TE7 and TE9 go in the post tomorrow.

Before I do that though, as she has never been registered at my address

is there any legal right for bailiffs to visit,

and secondly they have an incorrect name anyway,

so would this invalidate their Warrant of Control?

Is it worth me telling them we split up and I don't know where she lives now?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is making my hair go grey with stress!

you need to contact the council concerned and inform them 1st thing tomorrow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I've got a couple of issues surrounding not 1 but 3 unknown parking tickets which my girlfriend picked up since 2013.

The car was then registered at my address in April 2014, in which time we have paid another PCN which we were aware of.

Now, without any other warning I have received 3 Notice of Enforcements.

My first issue is not having received any other notice before this so the TE7 and TE9 go in the post tomorrow.

Before I do that though, as she has never been registered at my address is there any legal right for bailiffs to visit, and secondly they have an incorrect name anyway,

so would this invalidate their Warrant of Control?

Is it worth me telling them we split up and I don't know where she lives now?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is making my hair go grey with stress!

The title of your thread is "PCN issue for ex-partner" . Are the Notice of Enforcements addressed to you or to her?

You also say that the notices have an incorrect name. The name of the notice should be the same as that held at DVLA. Have you checked the see whether the error comes from the V5c document?

I note that you say that TE7 & TE9's are being sent in the post today. Whatever you do your should NOT send these documents in the post. You should send them as an attachment by email. If you send by mail they will arrive at TEC on Thursday and may not even be processed until Friday and with a Bank Holiday weekend coming up it is possible that a visit will be made by the bailiff.

Sending by email at least guarantees safe delivery and if sent today should mean that the cases are on hold by the end of the day.

The query that I have about the Out of Time witness statements is that if the notices are addressed to your ex partner then it is her that must complete the forms.

The title of your thread is "PCN issue for ex-partner" . Are the Notice of Enforcements addressed to you or to her?

You also say that the notices have an incorrect name. The name of the notice should be the same as that held at DVLA. Have you checked the see whether the error comes from the V5c document?

I note that you say that TE7 & TE9's are being sent in the post today. Whatever you do your should NOT send these documents in the post. You should send them as an attachment by email. If you send by mail they will arrive at TEC on Thursday and may not even be processed until Friday and with a Bank Holiday weekend coming up it is possible that a visit will be made by the bailiff.

Sending by email at least guarantees safe delivery and if sent today should mean that the cases are on hold by the end of the day.

The query that I have about the Out of Time witness statements is that if the notices are addressed to your ex partner then it is her that must complete the forms.

Thanks for the replies, the notice of enforcement is made out to her, she lives in a different city now but the name of the notice is the same as on the v5, the name was noted down wrongly when she bought the car and was never rectified. It's only one letter on her surname though so not sure if that has any effect on the warrant.

I'll do as you suggest and email the paperwork, she has signed them anyway, just hope they get processed before the bailiffs come a knocking

Thanks for the replies, the notice of enforcement is made out to her, she lives in a different city now but the name of the notice is the same as on the v5, the name was noted down wrongly when she bought the car and was never rectified. It's only one letter on her surname though so not sure if that has any effect on the warrant.

I'll do as you suggest and email the paperwork, she has signed them anyway, just hope they get processed before the bailiffs come a knocking

Has your ex informed the DVLA that there has been a change of address if not then make sure she does, as it is an offence not to update the records at DVLA.

Secondly the name error will have no impact on the warrant of control. You will need to contact the issuing Council and inform them the debtor no longer lives at your address and you should provide as much information to confirm this is in fact true. It will be up to alone to decide whether or not you provide the new correct current address for your ex, by doing so you will then stop having these visits from the EA.

The EA will/may try to take control of your goods to satisfy the debt. BUT you should be aware that the EA can only take control of goods that belong to the debtor. Some EA's will try to force this issue making you prove that the goods they have an eye on are yours. It may pay you to make a Statutory Declaration (SD) stating that all of the goods within your home are your personal property and not of the debtor. Ask the Solicitor for some certified copies and if and when the EA tries it on simply hand him a copy.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I am assuming that your ex partner has provided her current address on the Out of Time witness statements?

No not exactly, the title was a bit misleading as she is not my ex but to all intents and purposes I could claim not to know where she is and she may even have returned to France. At the end of the day if there are 3 parking tickets to pay then they'll be paid, but as we haven't had a chance to challenge it or see any evidence, I don't like the thought of bailiffs turning up demanding extortionate amounts for something we knew nothing about

Thank you for your reply. As she had not received any previous notices then again she needs to see look at the V5c to see whether the address is correct. Did she receive a notice on the car or were all three PCN's tickets issue by CCTV camera? It is all well and good to file an Out of Time witness statement but if it is rejected then she is back in the same position that she is in today. She could seek a 'review' of the rejection but the coourt fee of £155 for each PCN is a real struggle for most people. Far better to make sure that the OoT has a good chance of success.

Simply put the debt is not yours and the EA cannot enforce the debt against you or take control of your property. So I would suggest that you inform the EA asap that your ex no longer lives with you provide the proof then this simply goes away.

If you do not sort this out you could be subject to wrong enforcement action against you, that could cost you money if your property is taken control of. So save the expense to you and inform the Council and EA.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.