Porting problems - No mobile data since switch lack of customer service. [10182544]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First post on the forum, I am having a problem with Vodafone since porting my number across. Like many others by the seems of it I have no mobile data. I can call and text but no data.

I have spoken to Vodafone customer services numerous time on this issue and the call has allegedly been escalated to the network team. This call has been with this team for about 10 days and I cannot get an answer as to what is happening.

So far I have been through the internet settings with every customer service person on every call. I have had the texts sent to me to do the Telco equivalent of have you tried turning it off an on again.

They have blamed the SIM card and have had a new SIM sent. Another half a day without a phone at all while switch took place.

Then I was told the call has been escalated to the network team and I will get a txt in a couple of days to let me know what is happening. This was about 10 days ago and nothing has happened since.

I have spoken to customers services again today and there is still no update and I was told there is no SLA to fix this issue and to wait a few more days. I did not realise how much I rely on the mobile data for little things when out and about. I am now very frustrated as I have a smart phone which I can't use as such when away from wifi.

I cannot wait 6 weeks or more like other users who have posted here and I am still paying for a service I am not getting.

To rub salt into the wound I get a text from Vodafone stating you have unlimited uk data for 2 more months. So enjoy watching movies or listening to music. Would have been nice to use some of it.

What sort of action can I take with Vodafone? e.g. Do I have grounds to terminate the contract and return the phone as they are not supplying the service I have signed up for.

Any advise or possible routes other that customer service to get the issue solved.

Thanks

Matthew

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

As you have already seen, VF customer services are next to useless when a problem goes off script which is why we recommend that everything is done in writing.

Any hoo, please follow this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Follow the instructions FULLY and then post the automated reply number here for the VF rep to reconcile your issue and this thread.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Matty,

Same issues here. Also got a similarly frustrating text from them just yesterday.

Depending on who you believe they will either contact you "within 48 hours" or whenever your email get's to the top of the pile - on the phone to customer relations earlier they did say that they have been dealing with a lot of complaints about porting at the moment.

Have you been on the vodafone eforum? I've got a thread running there too if you want another outlet to reach out to vodafone...

On your question about cancelling, we would have liked to do this and I believe would have reasonable grounds, but have zero confidence that we would be able to successfully port the number away from VF again :-(

Best of luck,

Owen

All

A little update Lee has been in touch and stated that call was being escalated, this was on Wednesday as of today Sunday evening still have not had any more updates.

Lee when am I likely to get an update on what is happening or more importantly fixed?

Matthew