• Tweets

• Hello Ok thank you.  I will get  Proof of posting and send it. I will keep all the evidence  safe.
    • I suppose what i am asking is what my position is regarding me disposing of his stuff?   im really freaking out about the threats that ive broken some law, i gave him notice, i asked him to come and collect it    where do i stand ?
    • Yes it's very messy as you say – and I suppose that it's not being helped by the fact that you are telling him that you want him back. Frankly I think that this is simply just another symptom of the abuse that you have suffered and in fact he is one's neediness which generally speaking needs to the continuation of abusive situations. I suppose it's a kind of addiction and it takes quite a lot of cold turkey to get through it. Obviously this is not a website which can help you with the abuse. It seems that you've already started talking to people and you should probably explore avenues and go for regular counselling so that you can find your own strength. We can help you with the financial repercussions of the abuse that you will have to start listing out all the debts which have been incurred – creditors, amounts, dates, et cetera. I expect that my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along pretty soon and will lead you through it – but I have to say, while you stay in this partnership, you are unlikely to be able eventually to sort out your financial situation. Incidentally, have you actually begun your iVA yet? It may not be the best move. Also, are you getting help from debt management companies? If so, that may not be the best move either. They all take a cut – and the more money they take, the less there is to pay your creditors and the less there is left for you.  
    • Hello Everyone   So my Partner and I broke up at christmas.  This was after 4 years of domestic violence, financial abuse - the whole works.  I have recently had surgery to repair the damage he did 6 months ago - and 6 months of recovery ahead.     He blocked me on all avenues.  I could not reach him - the trauma was horrendous.  I changed my mobile number in the end, and two months later I text him begging him back, and if he didnt want to come back then i would accept that and he was to collect his belongings by the end of the week.  (This was a sunday)  he called the following day and was interested in knowing if i had moved on etc... i told him i hadnt.  i told him that this situation needed to be concluded one way or another.  he told me he was busy and couldnt collect his stuff.  he wouldnt be held to any arrangements, i just couldnt get him to agree anything!  So after another month passes by i have disregarded the belongings that have been stacking up the home / garage.  i just couldnt take anymore.  I spoke to his step mother / father who said they didnt want them, not to take them there.  they didnt want to get involved.    i have since been diagnosed with a variety of mental health issues which I am very slowly working through, and the past four months have been extremely difficult.  i have periods of time that i cannot account for, and only images of my actions.    the situation now is this - he has been in contact, and we are trying to see if we can make things work.  he has been to my home and seen that i have disregarded his stuff, and he is threatening me with all sorts of law and threats of personal attack.  he is once again verbally abusing me and calling me names over the phone.  i have reminded him that i tried to get him to come and collect his stuff but he refused to commit to it.  he has even told me that he has been sleeping with another woman.     he is accusing me of selling his belongings and furnishing my home etc.    of course there is more to this than just this situation.     I have been in touch with Womens Aid and am starting to get some support, but I am very concerned about the repercussions of my actions.   i told him that i was agreeable to replacing some of his belongins, but that it would take a lot of time as due to the level of debt that i was left in following the breakdown of the relatinship £60k i am at the beginnnings of an IVA.  i had pointed out to him that he was responsible for my debt, as he hadnt worked for several years and put me under immense financial pressure - but of course..... thats my own fault....    in return I have told him that i am waiting for him to repay me the money that he owes me, and that he has not mentined how he is going to do that.   its all very messy..... :-( 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Arrows/Drydens.. CCJ set a side?***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey that's great result

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected July....I assumed that would be their response.

Well done...thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I was thinking that Mike770, last ditch attempt....but why pay the court fee?
The hearing fee is refunded if the court receives notice from claimant at least 7 days before hearing that the case is settled or discontinued. Probably had no intention of going to hearing but paid in an attempt to make you think they were so you settle their discounted begging letter.

panther - yes looking back now I totally agree, and to a point worked. I did become really worried. But i though no, i will fight.

What an experience it has been and i really feel for the other people who are currently experiencing it. They need to stop the judgement by default. They need to have all the correct paperwork when first issuing a claim, in an ideal world. Its all about money though isn't it and its how the courts make their money.