Arrows/Drydens.. CCJ set a side?***Claim Discontinued***

July
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PC,. Yes I certainly will. I would always have come back and posted regarding the outcome so it would help others that may be going through the same situation.

I wouldn't have got mine without the help and advice on here :whoo:

I'll make a donation soon in way of a thank you

Hi Andy

I think it is restarting. They have said its suitable for the small claims and to expect some paperwork in the next two weeks. The judge said she would enter my witness statement as evidence, she even commented on how well presented it was.

We will see what the claimant does next.

Just post once you receive anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, I will.

If there is any tiny bit of advice I can give to anyone who is going through this process, is that the application to set aside is done so as quickly as you can. My earlier application in October helped me a great deal in winning the set aside but she did have stern words about the October till now delay. If I hadn't had done the October application (albeit completely wrong) I would have, without a doubt, lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've received some paperwork today.

Allocated to small claims track.

Witness statement stands in place of a defence.

Hearing 28th august.

Claimant must pay by the end of July

Just wondering what do I need to do now...if I do?

Let me know if you need anymore info

I have also requested again, now that the ccj is set aside they must supply me with the cca. As that was part of the witness/defence.

Many thanks

Just follow the directions listed within the Notice of Allocation (as above) by the dates stated.......which will be standard disclosure and exchanging witness statements.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i need a bit of advice.

I have been reading through a few threads and it seems the paperwork i received after my set aside wasn't a directions questionnaire. It was just directions. I have no boxes to tick etc. Here's whats stated.

the following directions apply to this claim:

Each party must deliver to the other party and to the court offices of all documents on which that party intends to rely on at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing (its on the 25th Aug).

The witness statement stands in place of a defense..Does this mean i do nothing? I really don't know what to do here, should i send the claimant copies of all the paperwork??

There are also other things stated but i can understand them.

My questions are, do i wait and do nothing until the hearing or do i need to send off my witness statement and documents again to the courts and claimant? And if i wish to add some things to my WS can I?

The last day for them to pay for the hearing was today, i will be calling the courts on Monday to see if this has been paid.

Apologies for all the questions, i really don't want to muck things up on the final hurdle

You haven't submitted a witness statement yet July you have submitted your initial defence.....as for documents...you disclose anything you have referred to within your defence and witness statement as evidence...if you dont disclose it you cant use it.( for the court and claimant...the court does not know what you have)

Right, ok i think i understand that. Im glad i asked because i didn't think i needed to do anything else :???:

Last question i promise...the paperwork has to be submitted 14 days beforehand. Is this working days or include weekends.....so date of submission 10th/11th August (inc weekends)

Just an update

Claimants have paid the court fee, i checked today. I was hoping to get a discontinuation or something similar, but looks like ill be back in court with these idiots!!!

Hi all,

sent my defence/Witness Statement in for the 5th Aug to the courts and claimant ,

14 working days before the court date and as yet have not received anything from the claimants.

I did receive a without prejudice letter asking for 250 pounds to settle the claim. Is this standard practice from Dryden.

I have been reading other posts but i cant really see anything that is similar to mine,

they have paid the court fee but not sent and WS to me yet.

Edited by Andyorch
added WS

They have been known to cancel at the door of the court room - I think it is a question of who blinks first.

When is the actual hearing - as long as any claim is discontinued in reasonable time, I think they are entitled to their fees, back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ah right....well they have my SB defense and i will go to court and fight them with everything I have.

If i do however receive their WS am I able to resubmit another on defending theirs? (if that makes sense)

ah right....well they have my SB defense and i will go to court and fight them with everything I have.

If i do however receive their WS am I able to resubmit another on defending theirs? (if that makes sense)

No ...nor should you need to...you have submitted your WS and the claim is statute barred.....so anything they state is irrelevant (asssuming they intend to submit a WS )

Andy

Thanks Andy

Still nothing in the post today, I've developed some kind of' sit in the window waiting for postie' behavior at the minute

How long do I wait before contacting the courts (if i need to) and advise that nothing has been received from the claimant?

What date are they suppose to comply by ?

Normal days....so I would allow a little leniency...if nothing received by Friday then ring your court and ask if they have submitted anything ...advise they have not served you......lets wait on your response and will advise on how to push this further.