old Vodafone debt, now SB'd? but DCA claims a DMP company paid in 2013!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an email from Harrington Brooks,

To whom it may concern,

Please take this email as confirmation that A***** is not and never has been a client of Harrington Brooks (Accountants) Ltd, Harrington Brooks IVA Ltd or any company within One Advice Group Ltd.

Kind regards,

so I am sending that along with this letter tomorrow. Please could someone tell me if this will suffice or if I've said too much.

Thanks.

Dear sirs,

I have been receiving letters for this alleged debt since 2013, and each time I have requested the same evidence from you and your other companies – none has been given. You have continued to maintain that this debt is mine and that I have made a payment towards it. This is the last response from me with regard this debt. It is not mine, and furthermore it is statute barred.

I wrote to you back in February and again in March to inform you that an alleged debt that you were collecting on behalf of Arrow global/Vodafone, was not mine. Furthermore, any debt would clearly be statute barred. There is no mention of this on any of my credit reports. I asked that you provide evidence that the debt wasn't statute barred, but this still has not been provided within the 21 days .

Today 27th April 2015 I received a letter from yourselves -Rossendales informing me that the debt was not statute barred due to Arrow Global receiving a payment for £6.33 in Aug 2013, by bacs from Harrington Brooks and on my behalf.

I contacted Harrington Brooks immediately, who confirmed what I already knew – they did not make any such payment on my behalf, indeed they confirmed I was not and never have been a client of theirs. Please see attached email confirming this. I have also contacted Action Fraud and opened a case regarding your insistence that I have made a payment to this alleged debt. The case ref no: NFRC*****. I feel that you are not only harassing me, but you have also created a false payment to try and force me to pay the amount you claim is owed.

May I suggest you now contact Harrington Brooks to confirm that no payment toward this alleged debt has been made on my behalf, and that you then remove all details regarding myself from your and your sister company's accounts. The Regulatory Debt Collection Guidance states that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”, which again should you try and proceed to court I will also use this as a defence.

You have legally notified me that you are the legal owners of this debt, therefore, I further request that when you confirm that you are no longer pursuing this debt due to it being Statute Barred, that you further confirm that the debt will not be sold on, passed to any other collector or returned to the previous owner, which will be deemed to be an action not in accordance with the FOC Guidelines on Consumer Debt.

Further if at a later date another company, either as a new owner or acting on your behalf contacts me regarding this debt, then this will automatically result in an immediate complaint to the regulatory authorities, without further recourse to your complaint procedure.

Sincerely,

i'll respond later bit repetitive

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

quite honestly you are getting nowhere with this

I'd complete the following

and let lee deal with it.

not worth any further actions from you then.

the bottom line is

you keep harking on about the debt being statute barred

that's not addressing the really issue

being the debt was the result of fraud.

prob at your old address? by someone that moved in and got old letters with your details on.

how to contact Lee:

We here at CAGicon have a very successful vodafone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135'

then state CAG Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

Post back with this in your thread on CAG

Vodafone UK

CAGi

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee.

The problem now is it's a debt owned by Arrow.

I've pointed out that they have already admitted that the only thing stopping this being a statute barred debt

is this mystery payment which I have proven was never made.

I've asked again that they stop contacting me as it's a statute barred debt.

They (arrow global) now want me to sign (I don't think so) a fraud form and state that it's not my debt.

I argued that I shouldn't/wouldn't be signing anything,

that they lied about a payment being made to try and restart the clock

and that I didn't want to receive any more calls (to home and mobile phone) or letters regarding this statute barred debt.

They insist that they can't comply unless I fill in and sign a form that they are going to send me.

This is a new one to me, and I can't believe that I'm having to go to so much trouble to get them to acknowledge that it's SB

I've already provided an action fraud ref no, correspondence from Harrington Brooks which proves the payment was never made

and a letter (2 weeks ago) asking them to now stop contacting me or I will report harassment.

Even if I had a memory block and somehow forgot about this very old debt, it's still statute barred!

I'd really like to put a stop to this as the phone calls are still happening as of today.

you keep harking on about the debt being statute barred

that's not addressing the really issue..

It is statute barred though, that's why I keep saying it.

Like I said, if I had had an old account that I'd forgotten about,

that's been incurring more and more charges over the last 10 years or so, it's still statute barred.

I didn't report fraud to Action Fraud because I suspected someone had used my details,

I reported it because Arrow Global have created a payment from me, fraudulently.

I want them to acknowledge that the payment didn't happen, that the debt is SB'd and leave me alone.

Hi AndreaMc,

I'm sorry to see that you're no further forward with this.

So I can access the account, email me via the contact details provided by dx.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Sent as requested.

Sent as requested.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

Post back with this in your thread on CAGlink31.gif

dx

and they

It is statute barred though, that's why I keep saying it.

Like I said, if I had had an old account that I'd forgotten about,

that's been incurring more and more charges over the last 10 years or so, it's still statute barred.

I didn't report fraud to Action Fraud because I suspected someone had used my details,

I reported it because Arrow Global have created a payment from me, fraudulently.

I want them to acknowledge that the payment didn't happen, that the debt is SB'd and leave me alone.

then that was a bit silly. then

report it as fraud by someone using your details from your last address.

the debt being SB'd, in E&W does not stop people chasing for the money.

until you prove its not your debt

they are within rights to chase you.

dx

and they

Well, in that case I'll do that too.

I don't expect them to write it off,

I expect them to stop harassing me by phone, that's all.

I thought that's what they had to do with a SB'd debt.

I'm happy to put letters straight in the bin,

but I can't do that with phone calls to my home and mobile.