repossession hearing today 2.30 acenden on behalf of spml. £10k!!

stuck03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help,

Urgent!!!

Im in court this afternoon as I have fallen behind with my mortgage and have a repossession hearing.

I can offer the full monthly payment starting June 1st.

We are back in work after both being made redundant.

Is there anything I should say or do?

Im so scared.

Can they take my house of me today.

Its my first time in court in relation to this.

Many thanks x

I will put out an SOS for you, what time is the hearing.

You have left this VERY late. I hope someone who knows anything is about.

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hello there.

Ell-enn has written a useful stikky about this. While you're waiting for replies, you should find some helpful info in there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

I'm not a repos expert, but do you have something in writing about the new jobs? I imagine that would count in your favour if you show it to the court.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

who is going for the repo and how much are the arrears

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ouch..

is all the balance they are claiming in court solely your missed payments that total the £10k

or does the claimed arrears include their regular monthly arrears penalty fees

and all manner of other fees for letters/phonecalls/debt management visits?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You advise that you can make the full monthly payment from June - will you also be able to pay a little extra to bring down the arrears ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In the link that honeybee has provided you'll find a budget sheet. Fill that in with your income and expenditure from June. Make sure that you keep the amount that you can afford to pay over the repayment amount realistic, because if you can't keep to any agreement you make you'll find yourself back in court. How long is left on the mortgage? You need to be able to show that you can pay the arrears over the time left on the mortgage ideally. You also need to provide a statement. Have a look at some of the cases in the successes sub-forum for examples of the kind of thing you need to include. Make sure that you include the Norgan case which should be in most of the statements on here, if not all. Have you already got a suspended possession order on the house?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They cannot include fees in the arrears figure so if you're sure that theses are included, put that in your statement.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi there, arrears are missed payments not charges - so your true arrears will be all the payments you have missed - how many are there?

I can draft you a statement to take to court but we will have to work quickly as I have some meetings later.

Do you have a printer at home?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

This is the first time I have been to court. The letter states 5 minutes has been allowed for the hearing. Yes I am certain some fees have been included

Don't be afraid stuck, it isn't open court but a nice comfy little room. It's very rare a court gives repossession on a first visit unless the case is demonstrably hopeless.

so kind! No I dont! The place I print is closed on a Monday! What a mess! Can they make me leave my home today! I have 2 children x

Absolutely they can't make you leave today!!! It's not that easy for them. :)If it comes to it you can always write it by hand, or have you got a friend you can ask to print it.Get cracking on the budget sheet too.

Hi there, you can write it down by hand but I need to know how much the missed payments come to so that we can let the judge know the amount they are pleading is not the true arrears. You will have to offer something towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment - but again I need to know how much the missed payments are so we know what total you need to offer to reduce.

Do you have proof of new jobs? and also proof of redundancy ?

did you contact the mortgage company to let them know you had a problem ?

As I said, we need to work quickly ........

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Iif they think it's hopeless am I given time to move? Maybe I can find somewhere near the courtt to print. It's an hour drive so I'm sure I would find a printer. Basically my mortgage payment is £892.94. I would be looking at paying 920 a month initially!

I wouldn't be able to work that out as its been bits over 10 years. The majority has been the last 2 years. I have proof of my redundancy and emails with partners job offer. I could take my ipad to show the judge if that's allowed. The figure on the papers from solicitor is 10,886.21. We had a debt company sent from the mortgage company. They used our current earnings and wouldn't use or predicted figure in june so wouldn't put an arrangement in place. not unless I cold make a telephone payment of nearly £5000.