Are Agency Teaching Assistants entitled to holiday pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

My daughter has been working as a Teaching Assistant for a teaching agency for the past few years and been working at the same school since September last year. She only gets paid for the days she works so during the school holidays she doesn't get paid.

My question is, should she be entitled to any holiday pay as she has been employed by them at the same school for the past 7 months and before that a different school for a year.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Hello,

is she employed, or self employed? Not always clear.... does she have an umbrella company, for example?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Emmzzi,

She's employed by the Teaching Agency who send her on jobs as and when needed. For the past couple of years she has been working in schools which have asked for her for the full school year, otherwise she just waits for them to phone on a daily basis when a school needs a supply. The agency are the ones who pay her wages but not during the school holidays.

Anyone who is employed is entitled to statutory holiday entitlement. Agencies are not always quick to inform their employees that they are entitled to holiday pay. I used to work for agencies myself and it was a couple of years before someone told me I was entitled to holiday pay. Your daughter should ask the agency what happens to her statutory entitlement.

All agency workers are entitled to the same conditions as full time employees doing the same job at the same grade once they reach the 12 week point. Eg. Up to 12 weeks they could be entitled to the min 20 days per year but if the employer pays its full time staff 25 days then after the 12 week period the agency workers entitlement will raise in line to the 25 days.