EDF/Sainsbury's Energy switch problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Really can't seem to get any further with this...

In January I started looking round to change my energy supplier, as EDF had nearly doubled my DD just before Christmas.

Eventually, I subscribed to the Cheap Energy Club on MSE, which were having an auction in order to get cheaper costs for their members.

In February (can't remember the exact date) I completed the online application to change suppliers to Sainsbury's Energy.

I received confirmation from Sainsbury on or around 20th February, along with terms and conditions.

A couple of days later, I received another letter from Sainsbury, saying that the switch could not go ahead as I owed some money to EDF.

After thinking about things for a few days, I decided to stay with EDF as they offered me their Blue Price Promise deal, so I returned a card supplied with the "Welcome to Sainsbury's Energy" pack to cancel the switch.

This was posted on 27th February.

However, the switch seemingly kept going through, and after phoning Sainsbury's on 19th March, having received another letter saying they were providing my gas from 30th March, I was told that they hadn't received the cancellation notice within the 14 day cooling off period, but it was a couple of days late.

After a long and heated discussion, the contract was cancelled, but things still seem to be going (or have gone) ahead.

EDF say my electricity account with them will go "live" in a few days but they haven't been able to recover my gas supply from Sainsbury's (this is despite paying a regular DD to EDF and also informing EDF on the 3rd March that the switch had been cancelled by myself, when they immediately sent me new contract details for the new price plan and a DD schedule!).

So basically I'd like to know where I can go from here?

I seem to be stuck in a limbo of constantly changing suppliers (had an email from EDF just two days ago stating "The withdrawal process has begun for your EDF Energy Electricity account.".

Meanwhile, I have just this minute received an email from Cheap Energy Club congratulating me on a completed successful switch!

Sorry for the long post...I just wanted to include as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance,

George.