Moneyclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would use the spreadsheet here as it works it all out for you. It is not as easy as you think as you are claiming back 8% from when the first charge went on, so if it was 5 years ago it works out how much that is. E.G £30 6 years ago might be worth £13 in interest now.

Help again - getting jittery - do I have to enter all my charge and interest details on to the spreadsheet to work out the 8% interest charge? and do I send this to the courts along with the letter on bank templates and also to the halifax?????? or do I send my original spreadsheet?

Help again - getting jittery - do I have to enter all my charge and interest details on to the spreadsheet to work out the 8% interest charge? and do I send this to the courts along with the letter on bank templates and also to the halifax?????? or do I send my original spreadsheet?

Hi if you have used vamps spreadsheet it will work out the interest for you. If they defend the claim you will recieve an AQ this must be returned to the court within7 days include the spreadsheet. Also you send a copy to the banks solicitor at the same time.

Thanks livelylad - on my statements it only says charges as notified but on the spreadsheet it says cleared transactions and unpaid DD - what do i put?

Do you know what the charge is ie was it an unpaid DD or SO or bounced cheque. If you know then put that on the SS

I don't know what they are for but they will either be for bounced cheque or direct debit - another question - I put the interest on my statements on the original spreadsheet do I add this to the next spreadsheet?

Ok if its for a cheque it should have the cheque number in the transaction column. Please explain what you mean with i put the interest on my statements on the original spreadsheet? Did you add the standard 8% ? I am a little confused by what you mean.

No I didn't put the 8% interest on - just the interest they had debited on my account - it adds up to a total of 66.73 on one a/c and £340.18 on the other - I presume for going over my overdraft because of these charges. I've just looked at my statement and it doesn't specify what the charges were for. Thanks again livelylad.

No I didn't put the 8% interest on - just the interest they had debited on my account - it adds up to a total of 66.73 on one a/c and £340.18 on the other - I presume for going over my overdraft because of these charges. I've just looked at my statement and it doesn't specify what the charges were for. Thanks again livelylad.

The interest you added was it all because the charges put you over your overdraft or did you use your overdraft as well. If you used the overdraft then you can not claim the full amount back as part of the interest was accrued when you used the overdraft.

Can you confirm that all the interest was because of charges putting you over your overdraft. If this is the case then this money is reclaimable.

Help someone please - in my letter to the halifax I have entered all the interest debited on my statements - I'm not sure wether they all refer to the charges that have taken out - shall I just put my moneyclaim in for the actual charges plus the 8% or should I include my interst debited on my statements? How will it look if my orginal claim to the Halifax is different to my court claim?

Help someone please - in my letter to the halifax I have entered all the interest debited on my statements - I'm not sure wether they all refer to the charges that have taken out - shall I just put my moneyclaim in for the actual charges plus the 8% or should I include my interst debited on my statements? How will it look if my orginal claim to the Halifax is different to my court claim?

Pleeasse help someone! desparate to do this moneyclaim but do not want to get it wrong - Help someone please - in my letter to the halifax I have entered all the interest debited on my statements - I'm not sure wether they all refer to the charges that have taken out - shall I just put my moneyclaim in for the actual charges plus the 8% or should I include my interst debited on my statements? How will it look if my orginal claim to the Halifax is different to my court claim?

Guest bluecloud

You can include or exclude pretty much what you like from the schedule of charges.

The interest debited on your account can be included as is if you don't have an overdraft. If you do have an overdraft then the calculations get quite complicated and the work required needs to be balanced against the amount you will recover.

As long as the final schedule of charges reflects the value of the Court claim and is an accurate list of the charges applied then you shouldn't have any problems.

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

When you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement send a copy to the bank’s solicitors.

Guest bluecloud

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: MCOL Claim Number xXXxxxxx

The above claim has been filed with the Northampton County Court.

Please find enclosed a copy of the Schedule of Charges referred to in the claim.

I would be grateful if this Schedule could be attached to the claim.

Yours faithfully,

yada yada yada

Short and sweet but sufficient.