Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


terrihowe

delivery delay from Harveys - Can I seek a reduction in price of furniture for delay?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1804 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I ordered 2 x 3 seater settes and a chair from Harvey December 29th and was told delivery would be in 12 weeks. The cost was £2250. In the middle of January the shop rang me to say that they had ordered the wrong colour and the wrong material. They gave me a choice of having the suite they had ordered, cancelling with a refund of the deposit I had paid or doing a new order, we chose to do another order and after having to ask for it, shortly after, were given a reduction of £180 from the final bill which is payable just prior to delivery.

 

We were told that the new order would be with us within 12 weeks and when in early April I had not heard anything I contacted the store who told me that the suite wouldnt be ready until mid to late May and that they would be in touch with a delivery date in due course.

 

I still do not have a delivery date although they are still saying that it should be available in mid May. Assuming I get the suite in Mid may, the wait for this suite will have been 20 - 21 weeks from start, 16 - 17 weeks from re-order.

 

What are my rights, I want the suite and there is no point in going else where if the suite is likely to be delivered in May but I dont feel that £180 reduction is sufficient for the wait. What would be a realistic reduction to ask for and what is the best way to go about getting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can cancel and get any deposit back or put up with the poor performance of the company but hope that they will consider a bigger discount. You could start off by telling them how upset you are by their failure to preform to the contract you entered into with them and say that you are going to reduce your offer for the furniture or cancel. It might not work as they could call your bluff but worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I am starting to wonder if the delivery date will happen in May and am therefore coming round to the idea of cancelling so may will run the risk and see what happens. Thanks for your advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...