• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

F&F settlement with Marlin / Cabot

Flyermonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on negotiating with Marlin, now Cabot, over an Egg Loan from 2003.

I was originally left with a number of debts when my business went bust over 10 years ago.

This Egg loan is the only debt left,

it started at £18k and is now at £7.5k

has passed through various debt collectors along the way

- I have been fairly consistent at paying £100 a month over that time.

I now just want to finally get rid of it and Cabot just don't seem willing to negotiate.

I have done a SAR and have had a copy of the original loan agreement from Egg,

and unfortunately it checks out.

I think, but can't be certain,

I was served a default notice in the beginning i.e. about 10 years ago.

If I was, it has long passed from my credit files,

and this debt hasn't shown on both Experian and Equinox credit reference files for at least 3 years.

I am looking to finally apply for a mortgage now all my other defaults are off my reports so I don't want to risk this one suddenly going on.

So,

How do I find out if there has already been a default on this loan,

i.e. so Cabot can't report a default if I start playing hardball?

There is nothing in the paperwork that I received through the SAR showing that there was,

but the paperwork only goes back 2 years or so.

Does anyone have any advice on the best approach to negotiating with Cabot

and how low they are likely to go?

They are refusing to tell me how much they paid for the debt as this information is apparently

" a confidential commercial matter".

I am not sure if this is true, or if it is worth pursuing?

Even if for no other reason than being awkward?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Smile £315 Paid In Full March 2006 (no court action)

MBNA £2600 Paid In Full May 2006 (no court action)

HBOS £5800 Paid in Full August 2006 (action raised but not defended)

Morgan Stanley £585 Paid In Full August 2006 (no court action)

who did the CCa come from the present fleecer?

an sar should contain upto 6yrs or more data

where did you send the sar too?

Canadian house?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are refusing to tell me how much they paid for the debt as this information is apparently

" a confidential commercial matter".

If Cabot are the owners, you should have been sent a Notice of Assignment letter from them informing you that they are the new owners of the debt.

Cabot will have paid between 5 - 14% of the total value of the debt, your debt would have been parcelled up along with many others and sold on.

Unfortunately because DCA's are Limited Companies, the transactions are private and you will never know the exact amount paid.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Yes, I have been sent the original agreement and then the past 6 years worth of information.

Unfortunately there is no information for the period between 2003 and 2009.

I suspect I may have defaulted in 2004, but I can't be sure. That was quite a difficult period of my life!

Egg sold the loan in 2009 to Britannica Recoveries - Arrow Global

who then sold it on to Marlin Financial in 2013 who have are now apparently part of Cabot.

I have letters for these three transactions, but no details on how much they were sold for, for the reasons you say.

Any thoughts on how low I can go, and how difficult I can be to get rid of this debt?

who did you send the CCA request to and when?

who did you send the SAR to and at what address?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

The SAR was sent to Marlin Financial Services Ltd, Marlin House, Grafton Road, Worthing. It included a copy of the original credit agreement that I signed with Egg so I haven't sent them a CCA Request.

Thanks

aha thought so.

your sar should always goto the oc , original creditor

that should be egg at Canadian house see the stickies of the egg forum.

dx

and they

Ah okay, I will do that now then.

How will this help me with Marlin / Cabot?

Thanks

checks the default

and prob find you've PPI there too or charges.

£100 PCM to various DCA's over all these years

this debt sadly smacks of you being cash cowed to me.

esp as its been passed around.

here you have some..this mug coughs nicely.

any chance you can scan up the CCA return you think is enforceable?

dx

and they

Ah okay, that makes sense!

I have pulled all the tricks and negotiations with the other debts but this one was so big I never dared to fight it.

You are probably right, it has been an easy squeeze for various companies over the years hence why I want to push back hard now

- they have had more than enough from me so far!

Where should I send the scan?

Its been a long time since I spent time on these forum.

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated

hey no sweat

post them up here

pop the redacted pics into a word doc

and attach that as a PDF

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures

please put these into WORD and make a multi page document

first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

Hi, here we go - this is the original agreement I had with Egg. Have a look and see what you think?

where are the p[ages of T&C's that should be with that

and can you please read this upload

1 page should not be 5.6Mb!!

dx

and they

Apologies, for the size of that, for some reason photoshop likes to make it's PDFs really big. I'll pay better attention next time.

That document is all I have - there were no T&Cs attached. I'll put a SAR into Canadian House, as suggested, and see what that brings up. What are the T&Cs likely to say that would be useful and not in the signed agreement above?

Thank you again for your help, this is all useful.

that's not a compliant CCA

though theres no remit in an sar to supply one

send cabot a CCArequest

£1po leave it blank don't sign anything

sar to EGG at Canadian sq too.

until/unless cabot supply and enforceable CCA

I'd pay them nowt

sadly I think you've been cash sowed here

dx

and they

Great, I'll do this and let you know how I get on!

Many thanks.

One final question.... if I stop paying them until they provide an enforceable CCA can they issue a default notice and pass the details on to credit reference agencies thus stopping me get a mortgage?

no because it been defaulted and dropped off your CRA file you said?

you cant be defaulted twice

and they

I suspect it was, but I am not certain and have no paperwork (at the moment) saying it was defaulted.... I am just doing the CCA request just now and the SAR for Canadian House so that may show one way or another