Calculation for Contribution Based JSA? **RESOLVED**

suziebear67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi is this still the same for claiming in 2015 thanks in advance

The last two completed tax years prior to the current benefit year are the ones they look at. This is benefit year 2012, so the Relevant Income Tax Years (RITYs) are 2009/10 and 2010/11. Once this is established, there are two contributionlink3.gif conditions, and both must be satisfied in order for a claimant to be entitled to JSA©.

The First
contribution
link3.gif
Condition:

In at least one of the two RITYs you must have
actually paid
NI contributions on an income that is at least 26 times the Lower Earnings Limit for NI. This limit changes each year - in 2011/12 it was £104 per week, this year it's £107. Additionally, since 2010 this must be satisfied by working at least 26 weeks in the tax year.

The Second Contribution Condition:

In
both
of the RITYs you must have paid or been credited with NI contributions on an income that is 50 times the LEL mentioned above.

As you've noted, Class 2 contributions paid by self employed people do not count for JSA purposes, and neither do credits paid on your behalf while you are on JSA. Credits paid while on Incapacity Benefit or ESA do count, however.

That quote reads suspiciously like I wrote it a couple of years ago :lol:

Anyhow, yes, the rules are still the same. This is now benefit year 2015, so the RITYs are 2012/13 and 2013/14. The LELs are £107 and £109 per week in those years.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks I searched and copy pasted lol the, joke centre telling me today I have to had to have worked for both tax years and any credits for ESA do not count grrrrr.

12/13 - 8 months work @ 32 hrs a week plus 2 months JSA and 2 months ESA.

13/14 - 7 months ESA and 4 months JSA.

Had to argue with woman to put claim in as I know I may not have right contributions but its worth applying as you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi the highly trained staff at the DWP have used tax years end of 11 and 12 for claim put in on 22nd April 2015, and say I havent paid enough contributions I worked full time in both these years.

I did have JSA claim Dec 12 for 2 months and Oct 13 for 4 months, can you claim ESA and JSA on same tax years. Im still confused why they have used years 11 and 12 anyone got a clue why these years have been used thanks advance.

That is good news, suzie :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D