• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Another Xcercise4Less Drama!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, you all seem to be really clued up here so hopefully you can help me!

In September 2013 I signed up for a gym membership at Xcercise4Less, which was for a year. When I signed up it was with some housemates that would not be in the area in a year, so when we asked how to cancel the girl simply said cancel the direct debit.

After using the gym only for a few weeks I developed a hernia (unrelated to gym!), and so was advised not to go until after surgery. I stopped going to the gym, however continued paying for the contract as I was unaware you could cancel because of this.

Come September 2014, the 12th payment came out so I cancelled the direct debit.

Now starting a month ago it has been a mess of CRS, Harlands and Xcercise4Less harassing me and sending multiple letters for unpaid gym membership fees and then some additional extra? I emailed the gym directly and told them the situation however they stopped replying.

I'm really skint at the moment and it is annoying me how I didn't even use the gym and they are still trying to come after me for money? How could I get around this? I emailed them saying I would pay my 1 months notice but they ignored that aswell.

Would it be helpful to get a doctors note for the hernia? I've followed advice seen on here about not doing anything over the phone but I'm getting texts and missed calls every day and keep sending letters to my home address and worrying my mother.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Blue and welcome to CAG

You have no need to provide a Dr's Note about the Hernia. You paid for the year's m/ship as per your original commitment. At worst, all you owe is a month's fee for the notice you should have given before cancelling.

Ignore the gym for now as they will have little to do with your case now.

Adapt this letter and write to Harlands saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at xxx gym in [Town].

While this matter is in dispute, I require that any communication from Harlands/CRS by in writing only. Phone calls will be logged and reported in a formal complaint to Trading Standards.

I cancelled my direct debit mandate after the September 2014 payment was made to Harlands. This was adequate notice to you of my intent to cancel at that time.

I now realise I should have made one final payment for the October 2014 and offer to pay this to you now. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees that you are asking for as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

When you confirm in writing that you'll accept the amount of £xx.xx in settlement of all that I owe, I'll pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Send by letter and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO for proof of postage.

Keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the reply! In writing down the payments to check I was right, I seem to have paid the £20 joining fee, then from 8th October 2013 till 8th October 2014; 13 payments and 1 joining fee totalling £149.87

Do I still have to pay the final month? How should I include this information in the letter?

Hi Blue,

The joining fee and the number of payments made is not relevant, so long as you were past the minimum m/ship period.

What matters is that you give a minimum of 30 days notice.

Please confirm :-

1. The date you cancelled the DD mandate.

2. The date your last DD payment was made.

3. The date the gym or Harlands first contacted you about the cancellation of the DD mandate, or about the failure of the DD to be paid.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Blue,

In my opinion, you should have paid up to, and including, the payment due on 8th November 2014.

So you should change the penultimate paragraph to :-

I now realise I should have made final payments for 8th October and 8th November 2014 and offer to pay this to you now. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees that you are asking for as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

That should do for now .............

• 4 weeks later...

Can't read what you've attached, can you scan it then post it up in PDF, but ensure you've removed all identifiers.

It isn't a nightmare at all, seriously, it's a joke is what it is, and absolutely nothing to lose sleep over.

Who did you receive this letter off?

Was it hopeless harlands sending you their silly little begging letters again?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Can you not click on the zoom on imgur?.

No, there is no imgur link,

Ignore CRS.

Did X4L know your new address?

How did you inform CRS of your address?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I attached the new address to the letter and told them to forward all further communication to that address.

The imgur link it imgur .com/a/6HoXV but without the spaces because as a new member I cannot post hyperlinks :(

http://imgur.com/a/6HoXV

That letter really is dire!

You can and should fully ignore them.

Send a copy of their very foolish missive to the FCA to read, incredible!

IMO I would send them one final letter stating that as they have refused your generous offer of £9.99, that the offer is nw withdrawn, any and all further correspondence by them will be reported as harassment.

Dullards, seriously believe they can just choose what method of contact they want?

Hi Blue,

It's a while since we saw a BIG reply from Harlands/CRS where they try to argue like this but their wordy response changes nothing !

I would reply to Harlands as follows :-

I refer to your letter of 18th May.

I will not debate your interpretation of the AMSL case any further, other than to say a High Court ruling sets precedent that can be applied to similar cases. The Penal Order against AMSL is as relevant as regards cancelling as the main case ruling made by Mr Justice Kitchin.

In any event, you have chosen not to accept my offer to pay £9.99 to settle the matter and that offer is no withdrawn.

Further demands from Harlands/CRS or any other party instructed by you will be reported to Trading Standards.

Keep us informed.