Is this PCN invalid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Today I parked on the bay shown in image 1 (from google maps).

There was no other spaces on the street except the end of this bay,

I parked my car in there but some of the back of my car went over the yellow lines as shown in image 5 and image 6 (taken with my mobile).

The reason why there were no other spaces was because on the other spaces up the street, as shown on image 3 (google maps) and image 4 (mobile),

there were cones and notices stating that those spaces were out of use for roadworks.

The cones were only on the other side of the street, not on the side where I parked.

There were roadworks vehicles on those spaces and they had cones and barriers around them.

There were no cones, barriers, notices or roadworks vehicles on the space where I parked.

I paid for a pay and display ticket and did not exceed the time (image 7).

The pay and display ticket was clearly shown on my dashboard.

The PCN does not show my pay and display ticket number.

The PCN states that I parked on a restricted street during prescribed hours.

It does not state that I parked ou double yellows.

I asked the Civil enforcement officer why he issued the PCN and he told me that it was because I parked on double yellow lines.

Note that the PCN states that there is no tax disc,

I'm sure you all know this but you are not obliged to display them anymore,

however my car is taxed and insured.

Can I successfully challenge this?

Sorry for the links/attachments. I found just now that I can only upload 5 attachments, so I am linking the images instead.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Edited by fcgb
added all images in pdf

you can put multiple images into a word doc then covert that to PDF and attach it

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures

please put these into WORD and make a multi page document

first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I parked my car in there but some of the back of my car went over the yellow lines

Where there is just the rear of your car overhanging, you could argue 'de minimus', in your case there is half the car

The pcnlink3.gif does not show my pay and display ticket number.

Doesn't have to , it not a statutory requirement

The PCN states that I parked on a restricted street during prescribed hours.

It does not state that I parked ou double yellows.

Code 01 is the correct contravention for SYL or DYL where there are no loading/unloading restrictions

I don't mind paying it now, I just think that if I paid for the parking, displayed the voucher correctly and considering that most of the road was closed for parking because of road works, they would be more lenient and rethink the charge, after all it's not like I parked fully on double yellows, I made an effort to fit the car into a bay which shows that I didn't mean to take the mickey... But alas, I sent them an email explaining, I bet they won't accept it but you never know. Thank you for replying.

To be honest, I think you're wasting your time on this. All the reasons and reasoning count for very little when it comes to cases like this. You're quite clearly on the yellow line (and if you're part on it, you're on it) and that's exactly what the "restricted street" contravention is for. Wish I could tell you otherwise.

That's alright, no biggie. The email was very brief. I explained that I went for a blood test and couldn't find any place, as I was running late I placed the car in there as I had no other option. If they do it as a gesture of goodwill then great, otherwise I'm not too worried, my health comes first :) Thanks anyway!

To be honest, I think you're wasting your time on this. All the reasons and reasoning count for very little when it comes to cases like this. You're quite clearly on the yellow line (and if you're part on it, you're on it) and that's exactly what the "restricted street" contravention is for. Wish I could tell you otherwise.

If there was a real health risk at that time, then that would strengthen an appeal. If you centre the appeal on those lines, and include evidence of the appointment, then your chances raise from very little to a possible cancel. I gather you've already emailed an appeal but there's nothing to stop you emailing further info in support of the first email.