CP+ Penalty Charge Notice? - Parking at Grately Railway Station**Cancelled by SWT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning All,

I was up in London from 9/2/15-13/2/15 on a training course. I bought a car parking ticket at Salisbury station for the duration and put it up in the top corner of my windscreen. On the Wednesday I got back in the evening to Penalty Notice attached to my windscreen about 6 inches below the ticket.

I wrote to CP Plus Ltd using the address given on their Notice (which helpful states that appeals can be sent in writing to that address). I attached copies of both my actual parking ticket and also the receipt from Salisbury clearing showing the validity purchased and the date it was bought.

I heard nothing more until 61 days later when I had a Penalty Notice Reminder through the post telling me that I now owed them £120. They had completely ignored my earlier appeal. This notice also came from an office in Ashton Under Lyne. I phoned them up to seek some explanation for this letter. Apparently they had not been sent my appeal letter but advised me to email their enquiries and resubmit through them. This I did that very day.

I got a response from the enquiries "people" yesterday which basically said we are always in the right, pay up.

I believe that by not responding in a timely fashion to my original written appeal they have forfeited any right to claim their money.

I also believe that by using two completely different postal addresses they are indulging in a deliberate attempt to misdirect the public for their own pecuniary advantage.

Lastly, having provided incontrovertible proof that I had a legal parking ticket, I believe they should withdraw their Notice.

I would be interested in hearing others' views.

Attached are the original parking notice, my original letter to the company and copies of my ticket for parking at Grateley and the receipt for same.

Edited by Pablo56
Removal of personal details, bar codes etc as requested.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Before we go any further can you please edit your images to remove ALL personal data and that includes bar code, reference numbers and of course your name and address.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Although I have unapproved the attachments, I have seen them.

They are really trying this on. I would love them to try it on in court. You have paid for parking, they ignored your ticket, ignored your letter (I bet you didn't send it signed for)

I would also suggest they may be out of time to enforce this

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I didn't send the letter to be signed for as asking such against a PO Box address seemed a very far reach. I note that the address in Ashton Under Lynne is also a PO Box!

They had 35 days to reject your appeal or issue a POPLA code. They failed to do so in time so they will be very hard pressed to show anyone a cause of action if they want to sue you for the money. I would now cease communicating with them other than to respond to a LBA. They know they are in the wrong so will probably send your details to a pet DCA, who will write to you and threaten all manner of evil if you dont pay up. When you ignore them they go away as they cant do anything anyway.

They never issued a POPLA code, in fact the email that I had from them never mentions POPLA at all. The lady in question (no names, no pack drill) who is an employee of PC Plus basically ignores everything I have sent them and everything I have written and states "I find you guilty, pay up!" - paraphrased of course. She did recommend that I contact SW Trains customer services. I have dropped them a line to express my dissatisfaction.

I wouldnt bother contacting SWT, they will do nothing.

Anyway, being railway land there is no claim that can stick, SWT can have you prosecuted but these bandits cant claim money and they know it. It is all huff and puff that works 99% of the time. I would do nothing until they contact you again.

• 1 month later...

OOH! DR+. How scary :razz: They have as much power as I do. None. The ONLY time to be worried is when (if) court papers hit the mat but I suspect this won't happen.

Hello Everyone, I have just received a letter from a company called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd demanding payment on behalf of those clowns CP Plus. Any suggestions?

Several. Do you have a budgie or a hamster that need fresh bedding?

You can safely ignore anything from DR+ or Zenith (their other pet DCA), these are just 'rent a letter' jobs, and neither have any power to do anything bar write you increasingly desperate letters. There's usually a chain of 3, or if you're really "lucky", 4.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I have put it with the other paper sent by these guys. That they can ignore a letter sent to them, on the day after, to their listed address; write demanding payment from a totally different office, not previously notified, 61 days after I wrote to them; declare themselves to be the only valid authority on whether they are able to claim money off me and finally get their tame lap-dogs to come sniffing around is really getting my goat!

they have been rumbled so have passed it on to the parking industry's favourite rentathreat. You can ignore them but if you get another letter from the original people let us know and we will give you help with a rebuttal letter that should see them off once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just keeping everyone in the loop. Another letter arrived today from DRP extending their "last" deadline to 19 June to give me a chance to cower and pay them money. It is entitled "Notice to Intended Court Action" but when you read it, it is a whinge that you haven't paid up but they are giving you extra time! If I don't pay by the new deadline then they plan on sending paperwork off to the "creditor's solicitor". It is full of veiled threats like my credit will be affected and that I will have to pay costs and interest etc. Can't help but wonder what my good name is worth and how much I should sue them for if they try it on in Court!

• 2 weeks later...

The plot thickens even more Team! I have just received a letter today from the DRP mob. In order to avoid Court Action they are now offering me a reduction in their illegal charges to £96 if I pay by 6 July. You would have thought that they could have worked out they were wasting their time, but apparently not.

Perhaps if I just keep ignoring them they will shortly offer me money not to go to Court? It is thoroughly hilarious!

DR+ cannot take anyone to court and they know this so the letter will be carefully crafted to make it seem that way but actually just saying they are thinking about or recommending such actions.

If you are not careful they will take you off their mailing lists soon and then you will miss out on getting the very final reduced payment offer!.

• 2 weeks later...

Team

- I have the final outcome for you all!

I mentioned I was going to contact SWT Customer Relations to complain about their parking morons.

I have now had a reply:

South West Trains

Customer Service Centre

Overline House, Blechynden Terrace

Southampton. SO15 1GW

Email: deleted

Phone: 0345 6000 650

08 Jul 2015

Our Reference:

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your email dated the 23 April 2015 and from the outset I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

I am sorry that you are unhappy about the Car parking Penalty Charge Notice issued to your vehicle on the 12 February 2015 at Grateley Station.

I fully understand your frustrations.

Our Retail Contracts Manager has conducted an investigation into the points you have raised and he believes the incorrect action was taken by CP Plus in this instance.

In view of this it has been agreed to cancel the penalty charge notice on this occasion as a one off gesture of goodwill.

Please ensure the ticket you purchase is clearly displayed at all times.

Please note any monies paid will be refunded by CP Plus directly to you.

Please accept my renewed apologies and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Looks like you can get some justice out of SWT if the moon is in the right quarter!

I would like to thank everyone here for their tremendous support,

without it and getting your guidance on how these people behave,

I might well have succumbed and paid them.

Never again!

I note that SWT say penalty charge. SWT have the right to take you to court but CP Plus have no rights whatsoever so indeed any charge would be a penalty and not a contractual obligation. For once the word is used correctly-ie a punitive charge (and they cant give you one of those)

Well done for seeing this through. I like the gesture of goodwill get out so you dont think they know it is unenforceable twaddle.

Blimey! Ruddy well done and thumbs up to SWT. I will recommend this action should another 'customer' fall into the trap.

I will mark your thread appropriately resolved