Vinci charge notice - parking in Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Images edited and reapproved.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi - sorry about the pictures. Didn't spot that other bit had the reg info too.

I have still not received any NTK yet...

Excuse my ignorance please, but what is a LO? (the hospital?)

I'm very tempted to contact someone to tell someone there are [problem] artists on the prowl, lol

LO is the land owner

An ECN is entirely different animal to a PCN [Parking charge notice], an ECN refers to an offence contrary to the Road Traffic Regs Act 1984, a Private parking co's PCN is a civil matter of contractual performance

Vinci believe it is entitled to issue a contractual charge [text within the ticket] but............ where are its signs?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's got a while yet, nothing it can do until the initial 28 days expire on the Notice to Driver

Have you spoken to the land owner or whoever is in possession about this?

Is Vinci attempting to rely on a contract between you and it buried somewhere within the conditions of your parking permit?

I have not contacted the Land owner ( the hospital trust) about this, but the renewal letter from the hospital car parking people says nothign about Vinci, and I can't see them mentioned anywhere else I've looked (hospital policies etc)

Then I'm mystified what it hopes to achieve by issuing PCN's on that specific land.

If it engages with the DVLA and issues a NTK it would be acting in contravention of the code of practice it signed up to in joining the approved operator scheme [bPA], that in itself is worthy of a formal complaint to both it, the BPA and ISPA

Code of practice s.18 is the relevant part http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS_Code_of_Practice_October_2014_update_V5.pdf

It is possible it is in some small print I've missed somewhere, so will have another look on the trust intranet when I get a chance. Thank you all again.

I think any contravention of the code will stymie it, check the signage provisions and compare to what is physically at the parking site

After finally getting a chance to do some studying of the hospital car parking handbook on the intranet there.....

No where anywhere does it mention Vinci at all...anywhere. -D

Just eagerly waiting a NTK now so I can quote Code of practice section 18 back to them.

Is it worth then saying something like "Ahh- so it was YOU that stuck something to my windscreen, potentially obscuring my view while driving? Now I know who I can sue for interfering with my property?" lol

Inform the Hospital that there is a rogue PPC operating on it's grounds......

I can't find anywhere on their website that says that this particular hospital is on their books...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

No, the NTK has to be sent between 29 and 56 days. Any sooner or later and it is just scrap paper.

There are still places that parking co's ticket people when their contract has expired. One company was even daft enough to take a punter to court and had to pay a few quid when the contract was shown to the judge. I believe that they were also told to refund every ticket they had payment for.

Just popped back in to say they never did follow up and send me a notice to keeper :D

I guess that's that then.?

Have you informed the Hospital that there is a rogue cowboy outfit operating on their premises?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Just wanted to update that the NTK FINALLY came through a couple of days ago - it is dates 20th October - WELLLllll after the 56 days from the incident.

Since the incident I have seen a Vinci car parking sign - next to the on site nursery. I don't think it is anywhere else in the hospital grounds. I was parked round the corner and down the street a bit from the nursery anyway, where there are different signs closer by, that don't say anything about Vinci.

I currently have the parking cowboys template letter and have filled in my details, but just before I send- thought I would check back in there to say thank you all for arming me with the required knowledge and for being there to provide it. You guys are great.

A couple of last questions though:

Should I even bother responding to the NTK now it has been so long?

And - as I am using the template letter to respond to the NTK, should I add a line about being more than 56 days and just tell them to sod off? :D

Thank you all once again

I wouldn't bother. They have no authority to charge you anything. The NTK was late. This would be fatal if they took it to court.

Unless you feel like winding them up of course. :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I'd think whatever you send it will reject, I personally wouldn't waste the price of a stamp on responding but........ that's me

If you do feel inclined to reply [and assuming it is relying on pofa, it'll be buried somewhere in the ntk] you could remind it that its out of time and it would be sensible to cancel the charge.

• 4 weeks later...

The dumbasses passed this onto a collection agency - and we received the letter today lol

It mentioned the latest Bweavis Vs Butthead... sorry Vs Parking Eye as if that meant people have to pay up or else now. When I did a simple search on the matter I discovered that this is just a ruling which says they can charge what they like and it's not excessive. It's nothing really to do with wether a parking notice is valid in the first place.

They have an email - and as recommended before I wasn't wasting the stamp money - but I finally couldn't resist an email though :D

So, armed with knowledge from you lovely guys and with some help from the template letter, from PC, here's what they got...

(PCN number was in the email subject)

"

With regards to your recent letter, received 23rd November 2015.

Due to the failure of Vinci Park Services to follow the procedures outlined in the BPA AOS Code of Practice, (Notice To Keeper only SENT on 20th October 2015, which is well beyond the validity date) the 'balance owed' is an invalid charge.

POFA 12 requires that if you wish to hold the keeper liable then the notice to keeper is served no earlier than 29 days and no later than 56 days of the alleged event.

Therefore as Keeper I am not liable for this charge and demand that you cancel it.

I have to advise that no balance is owed.

Continued further failure to follow the procedures outlined in the BPA AOS Code of Practice, or the legal requirements under the Protection of Freedoms Act, or the requirements of the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct will lead to me making a formal complaint to the DVLA Data Sharing Policy Group, D16.

Please be advised that any further correspondence which attempts to claim money is owed shall be regarded as harassment, and further legal advice then sought.

Please Note: Unless you have specifically requested it and received my express permission, you do not have my authority to disclose or refer this letter or any other communication from me to any other person or organisation.

Yours, blah blah blah "

• 2 weeks later...