Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



Just had a baliff from collectica at my door for my husbands speeding fine.



We have been paying it off in weekly instalments,

but missed the last 2 weeks due to my disability

and husband having to stop work to look after me.

He is now claiming Carers allowance for me.


I told the baliff he doesnt live here any more to try and buy us some more time.


The notice they left says that the FULL balance HAS to be paid in full or they will be removing goods and no further arrangements to pay will be accepted.


Can we apply to them to get a deductions from benefit order to have it come out of my husbands carers allowance?

would we be classed as vulnerable as our only income is from benefits at the moment?


Any advice would be greatly appreciated, also if there are any template letters I could send, I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.


This is a real worry and as I already suffer from some mental problems, I fear this will only make me worse.


Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You MAY be classed as vulnerable being on benefits but it doesn't automatically make you vulnerable. Depends on many other factors.


You may think you have bought time but in reality, once the bailiff confirms residency and finds you lied, all bets are off. Its called shielding and the bailiffs and the courts take a very dim view of it.


I would be surprised if this remains at a stage to be paid in full and refusal to do so can lead to the removal of assets, further removal costs, locksmiths costs etc.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...