• Tweets

• I think its best if the case can be postponed. We will contact the court in the morning.   Many thanks 
    • oh I missed the very last line..Scotland.   even if there were a powerless private parking co issuing these there is stuff and all they can do POFA does not apply. there is no tort of trespass either.   pers i'd make you own note. and put that on some windscreens to an inside yours.   noting the above and politely telling them to go give themselves a Glasgow kiss.      
    • that's not an easy job and its already more than I week late.   there are examples of the format here but ofcourse each is somewhat unique to the case factors, and ofcouse there is the added 'benefit' in this case in that because you are so late, you have theirs to tear apart. that makes the task much easier but ofcourse in a way much harder as you need to pull each of their specific points aparts. it makes for a much stronger defendant WS giving a greater chance of success.   use the custom google search down a bit on the left after hitting the top squares CAG logo   i'm wondering if it might be better to urgently contact the court and request a postponement, in many medical situations, with the right wind they might allow it. as I can see gladdy's objecting to such a late disclosure WS from you and getting it rejected, then all the work will be in vain.     
    • no DX he had started it and i'm trying to do it for him the best i can.
    • Hi   If your Partner has a Tenancy Agreement / Lease etc. (could you clarify?)   Just to air a bit of caution as this is the Partners Flat that you are visiting and using the car park.   Your Partner needs to fully read there Tenancy Agreement/Lease on what it says about car parking/parking and visitors.   What you need to be aware of is you are visiting your Partner at there property with that car park/parking and if they do have a tenancy agreement/ lease.   a) They are responsible for the actions of there visitors/guest. b) If tenancy agreement/lease has anything about parking (and they are aware you are the person visiting your partner) they could challenge your Partner with above could use it as a way to say they may be in Breach of Tenancy/Lease. (please note I only say may as that may not happen but be aware)   Who owns the Land the Car Park is on? (i.e. it may or may not belong to the landlord that owns the Building, my own HA has numerous Multi-Storey building but it only owns the land the building is on not the car parks round the building as that land belong to council)   Get your Partner to check there Tenancy Agreement/Lease carefully and also the companies/letting agents website to see if there is anything there on car parking/parking in that specific car park.   It may be something simple that your partner just needs to ask them get a parking  permit for visitors to display in there car windscreen.
  • Our picks

shamana

can I apply for the british passport if got police warning

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1582 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone

I would like to know if my boyfriend who is spanish can apply for the british passport. Last month he got a warning from the police because of domestic violence ( he fought with his neighbours...).

All I want to know if that is gonna be a problem if he wants to apply for the british passport.

Thank you so much.

As a Spanish citizen, he can live and work in the UK (or anywhere else in the EU) without any restriction so he doesn't really need a British passport except out of pure choice. He will have difficulty if there is any conviction or caution on his police record, but an informal chat with the police will not have been recorded.

Hello everyone

I would like to know if my boyfriend who is spanish can apply for the british passport. Last month he got a warning from the police because of domestic violence ( he fought with his neighbours...).

All I want to know if that is gonna be a problem if he wants to apply for the british passport.

Thank you so much.

I agree with the other reply : the details of the "warning" are key.

Fixed Penalty Notice?

Informal warning that won't be recorded on the Police National Computer (PNC)?

"warning, reprimand or caution" that will be recorded on the PNC?

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

http://www.thesite.org/crime-and-safety/in-trouble/whats-the-difference-between-a-warning-and-a-caution-9539.html

Does he hold a Spanish passport?. If so, he is an EU citizen : this gives him rights in the UK. Does he really need a British passport instead? (what additional rights is he seeking?)

Is he 18 or over?.

Did he have to attend (or was the warning at) a police station, and did he sign anything that stated he accepted guilt?.

What is he gonna do with a British passport???

I still have my Italian one, despite having been here for close to 3 decades.

I don't understand why Europeans would pay almost a grand for a pointless piece of paper.

I understand that some want to be British to feel posh, but if you're born a dolphin you'll never be a shark...(being kind here by calibrating words 😉)

Hello everyone and thank you for all your answers.

He is 21, and the day he got this 'warning' the police made him spend like 10 hours on jail. They didnt ask for any fine or something.

He do hold a spanish passport, as well as me but I really dont understand about this things. He was saying in the future he wants to get the british passport as he says he can benefit more but I dont really know, I'll have to ask him.