can I apply for the british passport if got police warning

shamana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I would like to know if my boyfriend who is spanish can apply for the british passport. Last month he got a warning from the police because of domestic violence ( he fought with his neighbours...).

All I want to know if that is gonna be a problem if he wants to apply for the british passport.

Thank you so much.

As a Spanish citizen, he can live and work in the UK (or anywhere else in the EU) without any restriction so he doesn't really need a British passport except out of pure choice. He will have difficulty if there is any conviction or caution on his police record, but an informal chat with the police will not have been recorded.

Hello everyone

I would like to know if my boyfriend who is spanish can apply for the british passport. Last month he got a warning from the police because of domestic violence ( he fought with his neighbours...).

All I want to know if that is gonna be a problem if he wants to apply for the british passport.

Thank you so much.

I agree with the other reply : the details of the "warning" are key.

Fixed Penalty Notice?

Informal warning that won't be recorded on the Police National Computer (PNC)?

"warning, reprimand or caution" that will be recorded on the PNC?

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

http://www.thesite.org/crime-and-safety/in-trouble/whats-the-difference-between-a-warning-and-a-caution-9539.html

Does he hold a Spanish passport?. If so, he is an EU citizen : this gives him rights in the UK. Does he really need a British passport instead? (what additional rights is he seeking?)

Is he 18 or over?.

Did he have to attend (or was the warning at) a police station, and did he sign anything that stated he accepted guilt?.

What is he gonna do with a British passport???

I still have my Italian one, despite having been here for close to 3 decades.

I don't understand why Europeans would pay almost a grand for a pointless piece of paper.

I understand that some want to be British to feel posh, but if you're born a dolphin you'll never be a shark...(being kind here by calibrating words 😉)

Hello everyone and thank you for all your answers.

He is 21, and the day he got this 'warning' the police made him spend like 10 hours on jail. They didnt ask for any fine or something.

He do hold a spanish passport, as well as me but I really dont understand about this things. He was saying in the future he wants to get the british passport as he says he can benefit more but I dont really know, I'll have to ask him.